HWBOT Community Forums

[FS]ASUS Commando

MaJ0r

Hi there, I found in my bookshelf an old motherboard that had been really good for overclocking CedarMill CPUs before people was starting using x48 board for that. I managed to reach 8GHz with that board. Here is that result http://hwbot.org/submission/996270_maj0r_cpu_frequency_pentium_4_631_8040_mhz.

This board is ASUS Commando. There is one problem with it - some elements burnt and after that repaired.

asus_commando_800.jpgi.gif

As you can see at the picture two elements have been removed(they are in red circles). Without them board is working well, but I have no idea how it overclocks. I'm selling that board as is, without warranty or moneyback. I checked twice that it works. I want just 50 USD plus shipping from Ukraine.

Edited by MaJ0r

I ment one element from those two which have been removed was broken during overclocking session. After drying board that element looked like it was burned or destoyed and mb didn't work before I removed them

That is two mosfets removed. Basically making it a 7-phase vrm instead of default 8. They are D-Pak, easily replaced. Stock mosfets are AP85T03GH or a mix NIKOS P0903BDG + P75N02LDG. (I think it's P0903BDG in that position)

Hope that helps... :)

That is two mosfets removed. Basically making it a 7-phase vrm instead of default 8. They are D-Pak, easily replaced. Stock mosfets are AP85T03GH or a mix NIKOS P0903BDG + P75N02LDG. (I think it's P0903BDG in that position)

Hope that helps... :)

I think you're right. But I have no plan for this mobo. I totally forgot about it and thought that it isn't working now. Last time I used that MB 4 years ago. Now I only want some additional money for studying

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...