HWBOT Community Forums

ASRock X79 Extreme 6 & i7-4930k UEFI OC help!

Hi folks,

First post here, hope I a in the right place for the thread, ok so I have bought an ASRock X79 Extreme 6 and Intel i7-4930k combo.

I am trying to find uefi settings for this combo but fresh outta luck, I am using BIOS version 3, I run a Corsair H100i liquid cooler on the CPU and that did my last i72600k @ 4.9ghz very nicely.

Ok so I am struggling to use the auto or EZ OC at 4.6, 4.8 forget it but 4.6 is struggling, the fixed voltages are like 1.45 and that to me is too high for sure, ok so guys, can anyone or does anyone know of the uefi settings I should be manually dialing into this combo?

I am aiming for 4.8 eventually but just not having success, with this combo, the i7-2600k and Z68 Extreme 4Gen3 board I had prior was a cinch, this is not looking so good, I ummmmed and arrrred about this upgrade and I am not reaping 4.6 without high voltages and 4.8 forget it.

Could anyone please help me and share your expertise with the main uefi settings I should be dialing in?

CPU-Z validation page is here: http://valid.x86.fr/q1919f

Many thanks in advance guys :)

Cheers Mat

• 3 months later...
Guest TheMadDutchDude

There are only two settings you should currently be focusing on, as you seem to be quite new to the overclocking scene.

You want to adjust your CPU multiplier, and your CPU voltage. Load your X.M.P. settings for your RAM, and then you can begin to play.

Do not touch your BCLK settings, as it isn't required.

I'd start off with a moderate clock, 4.4GHz and 1.25v. See if it'll boot and run a few loops of your preferred stress tester. If it fails, up the voltage a bit more whilst keeping an eye on temperatures.

There are only two settings you should currently be focusing on, as you seem to be quite new to the overclocking scene.

You want to adjust your CPU multiplier, and your CPU voltage. Load your X.M.P. settings for your RAM, and then you can begin to play.

Do not touch your BCLK settings, as it isn't required.

I'd start off with a moderate clock, 4.4GHz and 1.25v. See if it'll boot and run a few loops of your preferred stress tester. If it fails, up the voltage a bit more whilst keeping an eye on temperatures.

Ok awesome I will try that, now this board also has a 4.4, 4.6, 4.8 etc pre-made settings, scrub that and just use core voltage and the multiplier and nothing else, i'll give that a try thank you mate :)