HWBOT Community Forums

Maxwell in XP?

Calathea

• 1 month later...
Guest Bullant
Very nice, the Strix has a very efficient bios, even for many other vendors cards. I have not even tried to install XP with the 980 yet, but 1500 memory clocks are a problem that needs to be fixed for sure.

ahah,XP was the first thing I tried

What happens with a fixed mem frequency bios?

I haven't tried no fixed memory "ln2"bios yet,im still on std bios.I thought people were getting the same problem from the fixed bios "ln2"as well

Guess I should try a fixed bios?

Edited by Bullant

Guest Bullant
I had a brilliant bench session with my team mate today, but we couldn't get the card to work ok in XP :( Win 7 all the way.

Thanks man,was your memory stuck at 1500 as well?did you try a fixed memory bios at all?

Asus 980 strix mate

use one of the locked 3d memory bios's. You still obviously can't change mem freq. but mem will be overclocked. I am using the 980_88 bios in win xp now and it's working great, mem speed is what it should be 2200. Also nvpmm works good so the card will stay at max boost even when under a low load like 3d 01. it works great.

Edited by Strong Island

Guest Bullant
Yes Bullant it's worth the try :)

use one of the locked 3d memory bios's. You still obviously can't change mem freq. but mem will be overclocked. I am using the 980_88 bios in win xp now and it's working great, mem speed is what it should be 2200. Also nvpmm works good so the card will stay at max boost even when under a low load like 3d 01. it works great.

Yep thanks guys,the fixed memory bios work fine on XP shows correct memory