HWBOT Community Forums

ASUS GTX 980 MATRIX

elmor

first with air (stock cooler). Its possible, my ASIC 81% cant get over 1450 MHz boost clock for 3D Marks? Memory over 8 GHz are not ptoblem...Only I thought, the core will scaling around 1500+ MHz

GPU quality will always be varying ... We didn't see any correlation between ASIC quality and actual overclockability. What GPU voltage are you at?

Btw, what is the voltage tolerance of these chips? I'm sure someone tested it :D

I went up to 1.7V on my Strix (on LN2 ofc), for a short time though, because I had other issues.

Would be good to know, especially for us who bought the card retail and have no chance to RMA it, since the warranty was void in the moment I removed the seal of one of the screws on the stock cooler.

Edited by I.nfraR.ed

Btw, what is the voltage tolerance of these chips? I'm sure someone tested it :D

I went up to 1.7V on my Strix (on LN2 ofc), for a short time though, because I had other issues.

Would be good to know, especially for us who bought the card retail and have no chance to RMA it, since the warranty was void in the moment I removed the seal of one of the screws on the stock cooler.

I would think it would be around the same as a custom vrm 680 1.65v should keep it alive 1.70+ is not too safe if you want it for awhile

I say this but if you start to solder the board to hell its not good to rma,but for those who want a simple paste change just take a needle nose plier and grab the sides of the screw you wont mark the paper on the screw like that and no messed up warrenty either

Been benching at around 1.65v most of the time. Didn't see any damage so far.