HWBOT Community Forums

Nothing lasts forever - OC weekend in Intel Sweden

SF3D

Hi all!

It is long long time since I last wrote something over here or anywhere else.

Nothing lasts forever they say..

Few weeks ago I was invited to Intel Sweden to have some hardware to play with and relax with friends and do some scores at the same time.

Fun it was and hardware was good but time was our worst enemy.

We got the setup running well 1 hour before my flight home and I was not able to extend my stay.

There is no excuses..I was not able to push the setup as I wanted but we got at least some sort of result out and we had that small glimpse of fun that we used to have years a go.

We got a nice pile of nice hardware!

20150206_081334.jpg

Then I tested each card separately on air and selected 5 best cards to be tested on LN2. All cards were easy to run 2050MHz+ separately. Insulation had to be good but removable and no vaseline or grease allowed. All cards went back to ASUS after event.

20150206_215255.jpg

20150206_182250.jpg

20150206_165317.jpg

Drinks and food were perfect!

20150206_171829.jpg

20150206_184308.jpg

Then it was time to do some 4-way. Setup is very easy to handle with EK-SF3D 4 way table and fat EK-SF3D Critical point GPU pots.

20150207_172222.jpg

20150207_192315.jpg

20150207_193847.jpg

20150207_193925.jpg

20150207_193941.jpg

So only real run we got through before I had to pack my stuff and leave was this:

26530%20FSE.png

It is not very satisfying result but who cares in the end. These scores and threads are forgot in few days and that is just the way it is.

This thread will be also my last for a long time if not forever.

There is just no more point to loose all the time in life to push scores which will please us overclockers. I feel very pleased and happy when I remember all the events and fun nights with my friends. Life just goes on and after these 12 years of overclocking I have nothing else to achieve. I got all I ever dreamed and even more.

We are really small community and we have been able to do amazing stuff in past years. Keep it that way.. all the stupid fights and rumours etc. are just not worth it. No one will be able to change how oc scene evolves and the changes in past 4 years have made it boring and stupid. That is my opinion and you don't need to mind about it if you disagree.

I thank all my cooperators and sponsors who made all this possible.

I thank specially Shamino who took me in to Foxconn OC project and Marcus Hultin - Kinc for taking care of me since 2007. Sami "macci" Mäkinen was the key for AMD stuff, thank you my friend!

Thomas Melzer from intel have been the key thing all these years, so big thanks to you too! Niko Tivadar from EK made the high quality pots possible, so thank you as well!

There are many many other guys but can not thank all separately.

Thanks to HWbot for great site and thanks for letting me be part of it so many years in crew (Pieter and Frederik).

Thanks to all of my friends all around the world. It is amazing to see how good people there are no matter where you are from.

I wish all the best to you all and have fun in life. Keep pushing it like Oliver would say!

Bye!

• Crew

Petri, I'm sad to see you officially retiring, you've been around since forever and i remenber that 10-12 years ago it was a complete different vibe and story. Meeting you on the few events and competitions (moa, cebit, computex etc) was great and i will always remenber some of the good time we all had at theses after-event parties.

I wish you the best in life, success in your future project and maybe (hope ) will see you again in the future !

Take care and.. Keep pushing it !

It's a pity to see you retire Petri :(

You're one of those legends that I admire long time ago for what you can achieve with your hardware, especially with your liquid helium AMD runs back in the day.

I wish you the best for whatever next projects you are doing in the future, and keep pushing it!

Kudos for everything that you did. And really, couldn't give a damn about the current scene. Used to be so much more entertaining a few years back.

Suppose it's back to Celeron-overclocking when there's time for the shenanigans :)

Guest TheMadDutchDude

What a shame to see someone like you retire from the scene. That's just how life is and I wish you all the very best. Maybe one day you'll return, but we will all have to wait and see.

Enjoy your spare time and make sure you do what's most important to you.

Take care and keep well, Petri.

All the best for you Petri!

Was a pleasure to meet you several times!

Especially thank you for filming my first shot during AOOC'14 ;)

Maybe the OC scene will make some steps backwards in the future and leave all the Kindergarten stuff behind... I'm also very sad about some comments, fights and rumours going on the last weeks/months. This is not what OC was meant to be! We will see who will quit next also because of that!

Cheers!

Andi :)

Wish you all the best in the future Petri!

It was nice to meet you back in 2008/2009, you made a huge impact on the community with your work, dont disappear without a trace ;)

Sometimes we all quit for a while, but let me quote from The Legend: "Overclock till death. Overclocking is life." Hipro5

Cheers,

Bala

Edited by Achill3uS

• 1 month later...
This thread will be also my last for a long time if not forever.

There is just no more point to loose all the time in life to push scores which will please us overclockers. I feel very pleased and happy when I remember all the events and fun nights with my friends. Life just goes on and after these 12 years of overclocking I have nothing else to achieve. I got all I ever dreamed and even more.

We are really small community and we have been able to do amazing stuff in past years. Keep it that way.. all the stupid fights and rumours etc. are just not worth it. No one will be able to change how oc scene evolves and the changes in past 4 years have made it boring and stupid. That is my opinion and you don't need to mind about it if you disagree.

I thank all my cooperators and sponsors who made all this possible.

I thank specially Shamino who took me in to Foxconn OC project and Marcus Hultin - Kinc for taking care of me since 2007. Sami "macci" Mäkinen was the key for AMD stuff, thank you my friend!

Thomas Melzer from intel have been the key thing all these years, so big thanks to you too! Niko Tivadar from EK made the high quality pots possible, so thank you as well!

There are many many other guys but can not thank all separately.

Thanks to HWbot for great site and thanks for letting me be part of it so many years in crew (Pieter and Frederik).

Thanks to all of my friends all around the world. It is amazing to see how good people there are no matter where you are from.

I wish all the best to you all and have fun in life. Keep pushing it like Oliver would say!

Bye!

Couldn't say it any better what overclocking was in the past and what it is these days - take care of you petri and best wishes for your future!

It was an honor benching with and against you, pushing each other and meeting on Cebit...:celebration: