HWBOT Community Forums

DDR4 - what's best to look for?

Guest TheMadDutchDude

Guest TheMadDutchDude

Hey guys,

I was wondering if you could give me a hand here. I'm trying to figure out what sort of DDR4 would be good to go for in an X99 system. Of course it's for benching, before you ask. :)

I instantly went to these modules as they are highly clocked and have a low starting voltage.

http://www.memoryc.com/computer-memory/ddr4/16gb-gskill-ripjaws-4-ddr4-2800mhz-pc4-22400-cl16-quad-channel-kit-4x4gb-black-heatsinks.html

I'm guessing that they would do better than an equivalent kit at C15 with 1.35 volts but I could be entirely wrong here.

Where would your money go? Looking to keep it below £250 ($375).

Thanks in advanced. :)

Guest TheMadDutchDude

Oh, that is very interesting. Thanks for the suggestion!

That's also the place I got all of my computer gear from when I lived in Holland. :D

Keep 'em coming, guys. :)

Guest TheMadDutchDude

Awesome. Thanks Nick. :)

Still leaning towards the black ones though. It's not an easy choice with it being so new!

• 4 months later...
Guest Bullant

Nice memory^ I haven't had a chance to test the new platform myself but wouldn't say 3600mhz with tighter trcd be faster? Or does this new platform like benefit from MHz over timings?

Edited by Bullant

Guest TheMadDutchDude

Very nice memory indeed!!

Is that still a Kingston HyperX kit or is it another one?

I'm going to get a Skylake system as soon as I have gotten rid of most of my old gear. I'm meant to be saving for a wedding, but benching bugs bite. :D

Nice memory^ I haven't had a chance to test the new platform myself but wouldn't say 3600mhz with tighter trcd be faster? Or does this new platform like benefit from MHz over timings?

this is in comparison with mfr

consider sammy would be better on air, new platform should benefit from mhz over timing.

Very nice memory indeed!!

Is that still a Kingston HyperX kit or is it another one?

I'm going to get a Skylake system as soon as I have gotten rid of most of my old gear. I'm meant to be saving for a wedding, but benching bugs bite. :D

their upcoming hyperx 3466 kit