HWBOT Community Forums

MGH-E vs MNH-E

MNH-E was the first revision that had sudden death issues which caused the sticks to die on random after a couple of months of use. I'm not sure if this is still relevant because if sticks were to randomly die, 6 years was more than enough time for them to do so :)

Other than this, I'm not sure if you'll be able to spot any noticeable difference between MNH-E and MGH-E.

I think best MNH are a little better than best MGH, however not sure if any of those best MNH are still alive :P

I actually don't have many MNH and I jumped late in the game when MNH were already replaced with the fixed version (MGH), so I can't be very objective here.

I still have some Kingstons 2000C8 and OCZ Blade 2000C7 with MNH, but my best hypers are GTX2 and some SuperTalents 2200C8.

The higher bin really matters. I've had 1866C8 A-Data XPG+ and these were the worst hypers I've ever owned...

Edited by I.nfraR.ed
  • Like 1

Mnh also scales with voltage better than Mgh.

The " best " kit using MNH was a-data XPG 2200 + and because of it's technology (copper 2oz) they didn't die like the rest .

Another thing that defines elpida hyper in general and performance on certain platforms,it is the SPD. Corsair has the best compatible sticks with every platform,i doubt that they put something extra on the pcb,i think it is only a software thing but cannot sustain it with evidence.

LE : you should've asked what kits of elpida hyper i have along with that nice mobo which you got :D .

attachment.php?attachmentid=25172&d=1329763895

Corsair 2000 cl8 @1.85v

Edited by suzuki
  • Like 1

I have two pairs of Hypers, one XPG 2200+ and Dominators 1866 CL8 and while they perform similarly on X58 (1000 CL6 easy w/1.7V, 1100 CL7 w/1.75 IIRC), A-Datas also are very good on 775 (1000 CL6 @ P5E3 Premium), while Corsairs refuse to boot there at all. I suspect SPD, but didn't really wonder much about it.