HWBOT Community Forums

[WTB]Cheap single stage[EU]

ogblaz

Hi, I would like to buy as cheaply as I can a good single stage, to use with sockets 775 and 1150.

I can modify the mounting if i must.

Drop me a private message if you have something for me, it must be from EU becouse of the customs deep pockets ?

Thanks, Blaz

Guest TheMadDutchDude

Do you have any idea how much shipping such an item would cost?

I may be willing to part with my Little Devil unit, but I think it needs a recharge as the load holding isn't too good. It can be done by anyone who can repair air cons or fridges etc.

Guest TheMadDutchDude

He may very well offer to fix it for you for a small fee. I couldn't tell you, though.

I don't think it's anywhere near that heavy. I'd have to say 20 KG and maybe 30 KG absolute tops. Quickly Googling the prices, I just had a look at the shipping costs and they're almost £65 (about 100 Euros) to get it to you. I'd also have to find a suitable way to package it. This could be tough!

There's a strange noise it makes every once in a while, so I'd need to talk to someone who's knowledgeable on the subject before I would consider letting it go. I don't want to send you something that may be about to break.

If it turns out that the unit is actually fine, I'd be happy to let it go for £200 including shipping. That is of course if I can tell you that there's nothing wrong with it, that it IS fine and if I can find something to ship it in as well.

The offer is there, but I don't want to commit to anything before I am convinced that the unit is fine. I don't want an unhappy trade to take place. Let me know what you think, I'll do my research and perhaps we can go from there. :)

The price is OK with me, check the unit as soon as you can and get beck to me :) If the compresor is busted, maybe you can remove it from the unit, its the most heavy part and the shipping will be alot cheaper, and we can get the price a bit lover :)

Then I will get a new compressor installed here and have it fixed.

Get back to me, I am a serious buyer!

Guest TheMadDutchDude

That's a very good point! The compressor is very heavy compared to the rest of it. :D

I'll do some searching and get back to you as soon as I can. :)

Guest TheMadDutchDude

The unit itself works fine for what it's worth, but I am no qualified engineer. I will turn the unit on tomorrow and show you frost and temps, as that'll prove it does work.

The compressor has made the noise ever since I got the unit last year, and it's still running fine. It may be something very simple, or it may ultimately need a replacement compressor at some point in the future.

So, I'll get the pictures and such for you, and then we can take it from there if you wish. :)

Deal, I will take the unit even if its not fully functional, i will use it for parts, i was in a process of making my own single stage anyway but we will need to bump the price down a bit, i thought to pay around 200€ for a single stage.

Guest TheMadDutchDude

It's the shipping cost that really messes it up for us. Let me get a weight and proper dimensions to see what the shipping cost will be. Perhaps we can work on the price a bit. :)

Guest TheMadDutchDude

Apologies for the slow response. I've been busy. I'll get some pictures, dimensions and the rest for you today.

I couldn't let the unit go for any less than 250 Euros though. After shipping is paid for, I would be left with hardly a penny.

If you have any suggestions on how to get it to you cheaper, I'm all ears.

http://www.eurosender.com/

Guys on my local forum sudgested this. There should be around 40€ shipping. I never sended nothing this heavy :)

Did you try dpd or gls, your local post should be the expensiest way i think.

If you tried that also i dont know any cheaper way.

waiting on the pics 8)

PS: talked to DPD from uk to slo 54€ i told them the package is 25kg, size does not matter in our case.

I dont know how much you want for the unit itself :)

Edited by ogblaz

Guest TheMadDutchDude

I honestly haven't even looked, although I did see your post. Let's have a look, shall we? :D

So I'm seeing the 41,99 option for up to 30 kilos or 49.99 for 50 kilos. That seems very reasonable to me!

Guest TheMadDutchDude

Here we are! Apologies for the mess. My bench area isn't exactly tidy at the best of times...

You're probably wondering why there's a worm drive clip on the evap. There's a good reason for it. I found that I can tighten it down much tighter than if it weren't there. The previous owner didn't have that done and the evap would occasionally pop out of the poorly made (in my mind) plastic holder. This sorts that issue and seems to work great, albeit a little horrid to look at.

Wbs23RZ.jpg

y7qSoHM.jpg

T830VTc.jpg

0tmqfJ1.jpg

Sure, have a think or two :) becouse it needs to get checked by a fridge repair man thats the best I can do and to be honest for a semi working ss thats more that I normaly would offer. If it was ok i would pay you 250 without question...

They could charge me 100€ to get it checked, i know for a fridge to get it filled only for the gas they charge 80€. And to find someone to fill an ss I think that is more difficult to find becouse I dont know anyone personaly.

If I took it to little devil I dont know and didnt ask but i think he would not be the chipest way.

Get back to me what you think.

Guest TheMadDutchDude

That's very true.

Let me see what I can do with regards to packaging, because I intend to pack it in a load of bubble wrap and in a strong cardboard box. I've seen them sent like that before and it seemed okay. I haven't got the materials to hand at the minute, but I may be able to get some from my new job which I start this week.

Like I said, I'll have a think and I think you're being fair with me, so it's only fair that I am fair to you. I'll get back to you soon.

If you get a better offer, please go with that instead. I don't want to hold you back in any way. :)

Guest TheMadDutchDude

Hey chap,

I've had a long and hard think about, and I just can't let it go for that little. I have a friend who's beginning to get into the overclocking more and more so I'm going to let him use it to see if he gets the bug for real.

My most humble apologies for the disappointment. I hope you can understand.

Regards,

Brendan.