HWBOT Community Forums

Socket 603/604 Hall of Fame

Massman

In this thread you can find the Socket 603/604 Hall of Fame charts. Please post if you want the HOFs of other benchmarks too. Note: there might be some faulty data in the charts since they include results which are often not very visible. Simply use the report functionality and the moderator staff will take care of it. Thanks!

Hardware Points

CPU Frequency

SuperPI 1M

SuperPI 32M

PiFast

Cinebench R11.5

WPrime 32M

WPrime 1024M

3DMark01

3DMark03

Reference Clock

Memory Clock

Edited by Massman

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 years later...

Ah, that really sucks... got excited when I found this. Sure you can always compare results on the main site, but it's not the same as a curated thread like this.

22 hours ago, DR4G00N said:

What are you interested in knowing? I have experience with this socket & Prestonia/Northwood chips. 

I recently got a PC-DL and wanted to steal some knowledge. There is a list of compatible CPUs that goes up to the 1mb 533FSB versions, but I wonder if anything else can run?  And any way to get voltage control going without hardmodding the board? And any way to lock AGP so I don't screw it with FSB adjustments?

Also I saw some results with BIOS flashed to some other boards, so I'm looking for experience on which BIOSes are suitable and give some merit.

And lastly, how reliable these things are in OC. I want to use it for a retro system after, so I'd love to know if there are some limits I should not cross to keep it alive.

Edited by Apfelkuchen

33 minutes ago, Apfelkuchen said:

Ah, that really sucks... got excited when I found this. Sure you can always compare results on the main site, but it's not the same a curated thread like this.

I recently got a PC-DL and wanted to steal some knowledge. There is a list of compatible CPUs that goes up to the 1mb 533FSB versions, but I wonder if anything else can run?  And any way to get voltage control going without hardmodding the board? And any way to lock AGP so I don't screw it with FSB adjustments?

Also I saw some results with BIOS flashed to some other boards, so I'm looking for experience on which BIOSes are suitable and give some merit.

And lastly, how reliable these things are in OC. I want to use it for a retro system after, so I'd love to know if there are some limits I should not cross to keep it alive.

There's one thing you can do which is to flash the bios from an NCCH-DL onto the board. This will allow it to boot a single Nocona/Irwindale CPU as well as adding VCore & VDimm options in the bios. But you need some sort of EEPROM programmer to do that easily. Mine didn't like that to much though, could only boot @ 100 - 127MHz FSB and you can't adjust the FSB via setFSB or Clockgen with the NCCH-DL bios on it. Mine also blew up one of the vcore phases and shorted the cpu to 12V when I was playing around with a nocona chip, probably just a coincidence but still, do this at your own risk.

On the Rev 1.05 boards the AGP/PCI is locked by default, I'm not sure if the older ones have that ability.

These boards are about as reliable as a P4C800 board, ie. a bit fragile. Running two prestonia chips at 1.6V or less would probably be fine for it though.

Oh and the VDimm is powered off a 5V source so doing a simple potentiometer vdimm mod will allow you to crank it up to 3.4 - 3.6V for Winbond mems.

Thank you so much guys, this kind of info is really hard to find. I'll bother you again once I run into my next issues...

EDIT: Also, what would be your 604 motherboard of choice if you had the chance to pick one? Anything better than the PC-DL? I do want to run two CPUs though, not just one.

Edited by Apfelkuchen

3 hours ago, Apfelkuchen said:

Thank you so much guys, this kind of info is really hard to find. I'll bother you again once I run into my next issues...

EDIT: Also, what would be your 604 motherboard of choice if you had the chance to pick one? Anything better than the PC-DL? I do want to run two CPUs though, not just one.

NCCH-DL for sure, it's the newer model of the PC-DL, Supports all P4 based Xeons and has dual 4-phase vrm instead of just the one shared between both cpu's.

Only reason I grabbed the PC-DL was because it was $20 including cpu's, hsf's & various pci cards. Works quite well with epowered vcore.

Edited by DR4G00N