HWBOT Community Forums

Should we make mainboard information mandatory for screenshot verification?

Make CPU-Z Mainboard tab mandatory for screenshot verification  

145 members have voted

1. 1. Make CPU-Z Mainboard tab mandatory for screenshot verification

As per suggestion of Chispy:

@massman

One more time (maybe ill get lucky and he will answer my question ;)this time) , Can you please make it mandatory to give at least Motherboard information in the submission tab if not on the screenshoot of the submision, i have come across some out of the ordinary and not so credible scores compared to mines and others just looking at the data , but seeems some of this scores are impossible on some boards , Example (Rampage extreme x48 DDR3 Based Mobo) that board compared to a P45 Board DDR2 or DDR3 based mobo will own and pawn most of 2d Rankings if you know what you are doing on that board , but how do we know if the guy making the submission used indeed a REx48 or a P45 Board ? The more information available the less cheating will occur , please give my advise and observations a good thought ;). Thank you Massman and Good Day.

Kind Regards: Angelo.

I'm voting for this idea: it's more information and not so much more time-consuming. Let us know what you think

For the purposes of pure information and joy of seeing what equipment other people have used (bios version too) I think it is a good idea. I enjoy a well laid out and informative screen-shot it adds to the appreciation of the achievement of the benchmark.

Personally i voted "NO!".

why: sometimes its hard enough to even get CPU tab and GPU-Z on the screen when really pushing. It would be a real dumper if the score gets banned because some motherboard tab isnt there. In that case it would better to "force" the user to add motherboard info when uploading a score.

I voted "no" too...

one more CPUz tab, more time for the system to crash... mb information is not that essential for us.

For 3DMarks there is maybe not enough space on the desktop on 17"/19" lcds.

3Dmark window, score-window, test details, 1x GPUz, 2xCPUz... I think thats enough...

Cheers! :)

Either way for me. I am now benching on a 17" screen so MB tabs are going to be a little harder to fit but I can manage. I usually try and include it anyway though. Always have. I would like to see the CPUZ memory tab mandatory. Not the SPD tab, but the timings tab. I thought it was until I saw a few top10 subs without it.

• Crew
I'm voting for this idea: it's more information and not so much more time-consuming. Let us know what you think

Yessssssss., it is much better. more information is better, always:)

Remember, I say this for a long time

Edited by Sweet

No! [x]

I don't see the necessity of making the mainboard tab mandatory. Of course it's a nice additional information but it should stay optional, just like the memory tab/MemSet for 3D benchmark submissions.

In my opinion those(RAM frequency & timings) deserve it more to get required by the way.

Also voted for NO, exact same reasons ME4ME and Benchbros stated.

In many many cases it's pita to even open cpu and mem tab when you're running on last step of (in)stability =D

It's nice to see and I always add motherboard tab when benching under cascade and regular non stressful ocing methods but it shouldn't be mandatory.

Either way for me. I am now benching on a 17" screen so MB tabs are going to be a little harder to fit but I can manage. I usually try and include it anyway though. Always have. I would like to see the CPUZ memory tab mandatory. Not the SPD tab, but the timings tab. I thought it was until I saw a few top10 subs without it.

CPU-Z memory tab is mandatory. It's been mandatory from the beginning (first example screenshots I made were already with memory tab)

It's already a PITA to make 3D screenshots without another CPUZ tab, unless the resolution is high. IMO we can add more tabs only if we accept a few errors in all screenshots, like covered up resolution etc - because it will be so much easier to do another mistake here.

Plus, one can use the same argument for the SPD tab and add that one as well if people vote yes for this one. We have to draw the line somewhere, and to me it should be before mobo tab and not after you need more than 1280x1024 just to have a valid screenshot at all:)

Perhaps it's possible to only make it mandatory if you use high enough resolution? Like above 1280x1024 (1680x1050 is huge enough, right? never used it so I don't know... anything above should be fine, though).

This will only make it "semi-mandatory", but as people have pointed out: resolution WILL be a problem in many cases, so we need exceptions to be made.

Can hwbot come up with one screen that we can use for cpu, mem and mobo, then we never forget something that causes us grief later

Once we have our funding mechanism up and running (read: turn red numbers into green ones), we can ask Franck from CPU-Z to make a customized version of his utility for HWBOT.