HWBOT Community Forums

3DMark 11 November 30th

FM_Jarnis

Quick question:

The 3DMark 11 online service allows you to store your benchmark results for reference at a later date. 3DMark 11 Basic Edition users are limited to storing just one result. When submitting new results you can choose whether to keep or overwrite the previous result. 3DMark 11 Advanced Edition users can store an unlimited number of results online.

In the past, free versions of the benchmarks allowed upto 5 published verification links and unlimited storage of submissions. Does this mean that the free version only allows 1 saved submission, which can be made public or kept private?

By default 3DMark 11 submits and stores your benchmark results online on the 3DMark website. If you have 3DMark 11 Advanced Edition you can also choose to save your result files to your hard drive or another local offline location.

Can we save benchmark results offline with the free version to upload in the future (eg: benching on system not connected to internet and upload from other PC)? In addition, do we see the score output on the basic version without having to check online?

Quick question:

In the past, free versions of the benchmarks allowed upto 5 published verification links and unlimited storage of submissions. Does this mean that the free version only allows 1 saved submission, which can be made public or kept private?

Correct. You can run the benchmark as many times as you like, however when you view a result for the 2nd time, you have to choose if you want to keep the new result or the old one you have saved.

However, note that unlimited storage is a "Pro ORB Feature" - you get it for all benchmarks if you own at least one Advanced Edition benchmark - 06, Vantage or 11 (or one of the PCMarks). Ads will also go away as soon as you have one paid benchmark on your ORB account. So Basic Edition + paid Vantage or 06 will also result in unlimited storage.

Also note that any results you submit with free version will be still saved and can be found using search, even if you delete it from your single storage spot on your account. The only limitation is that you can have only one score on your personal account. The whole system for Basic Edition has a slightly new logic - you can think it like this;

- You can submit as many scores using Basic Edition as you like. Those all go to the database and can be found using search (and are public).

- Only one of those, the one you choose, is on your account. You can delete it or replace it with a new result.

Can we save benchmark results offline with the free version to upload in the future (eg: benching on system not connected to internet and upload from other PC)? In addition, do we see the score output on the basic version without having to check online?

Saving results offline and viewing result offline in benchmark UI are Advanced Edition features. Basic Edition can only show & submit the score to the online service - same as 3DMark 06.

Also note that any results you submit with free version will be still saved and can be found using search, even if you delete it from your single storage spot on your account. The only limitation is that you can have only one score on your personal account. The whole system for Basic Edition has a slightly new logic - you can think it like this;

Small clarification to this.

Deleted results can't be viewed or recovered, but if you submit results that end up not being connected to your account (because you already had an older result or just weren't logged in) are viewable by you and others, found on searches and such and checked for result validity. In the future scores will by default be public, unlike in the current ORB.

Yeah, such results would not show a user name.

One more related thing that I don't think was mentioned is that there is now no limit to 3DMark06 scores on an account, so the 1/account limitation is only for 3DMark 11.

The new service is now live, so check it out. Still some issues to iron out, but it's mostly functional.

http://3dmark.com/login

Hey Pasi,

I like the new look, much cleaner than last revision of ORB :) Great to hear 06 limitations are also lifted.

I do have some concerns. You are still not able to detect card clocks? GTX480 showing all zero's... It also looks like SLI/CF setups are still not filtered correctly in search, I hope you can make some headway on those problems. I don't know if you remember the original ORB, one thing I really miss (that was added at the last minute to the last ORB revision - in ugly red/green) are the nice graphs, it was so easy to see how results compared without looking at the numbers themselves. The old graphs were two tone greys -- those would look very good with the new ORB scheme. I've got a pic around somewhere if you need to see it, think about it :)

Issues with card clocks are related to SystemInfo, not the benchmarks themselves or the ORB. I cant recall if the latest build improves on those or just fixes compatibility issues but if you want to try it, currently the way to install it is to run Game-o-Meter once (it will install the new 3.51 systeminfo) and then running the benchmark. I know it is bit of a kludge-workaround to get the update, but that was the quickest way we could do it.

Benchmark-specific SystemInfo patches will also come soon but they are unfortunately delayed due to 3DMark 11 launch taking up the developer resources. 3DMark 11 will also ship with the new SystemInfo so once you install that, it also gets updated (affecting also older benchmarks as far as the hardware detection goes).

Over the weekend we made the difficult decision to postpone the launch of 3DMark 11 by a few days.

Our aim is that 3DMark 11 should provide accurate, reliable and consistent results from the start. With that goal in mind we are taking some extra time now to fix a couple of difficult bugs rather than patch the benchmark immediately after launch.

It might take a day, it might be a week, but either way we'll confirm the new launch date as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

This announcement was just sent to everyone who preordered:

---

It took us a little longer than planned, but 3DMark 11 has now gone gold. Earlier today we announced that 3DMark 11 will be released at 14:00 GMT on Tuesday December 7, 2010.

From that time onwards you will be able to download 3DMark 11 from the Futuremark website and start submitting results to the new online service. You will need the upgrade code from your pre-order confirmation email to activate the Advanced Edition so make sure you have it to hand on Tuesday.

Till then, happy benchmarking!

Its good, seems short to me lol

Physics and combined doesnt stress cpu very much. 4.7ghz passed easy on air cooled 980x

Perhaps we should talk about SS rules for this? with no subtest details will valid links be mandatory? SS of the main score is kinda useless imo.

Its good, seems short to me lol

Physics and combined doesnt stress cpu very much. 4.7ghz passed easy on air cooled 980x

Perhaps we should talk about SS rules for this? with no subtest details will valid links be mandatory? SS of the main score is kinda useless imo.

I mentioned this in a new thread in this section but apparently I'm not allowed to talk about it, as someone deleted it...