HWBOT Community Forums

Comparing the overclocker rankings: OC-ESPORTS World Ranking 2015, HWBOT Overclockers League, HWBOT Hardware Masters

Massman

I was doing some research and used this table for reference. Figured it would be cool to share this with you all :)

attachment.php?attachmentid=3153&stc=1&d=1438479426

Sources:

Ranking algoritm:

Note that the OC-ESPORTS ranking is affected by the recent kick off or Round 3 of the Road To Pro. So early submissions yield quickly 50pts for ranking first.

• 1 month later...

ya I don't know if I like the oc esports points. I dropped 30 places over night and now it's really hard to move up from just benching normally because the places feel more separated now. Obviously I need to join more comps but I don't think you should end up being penalized if you dont want to.

It's such a huge chunk of points that some people get. Once it went live we should have all started at 0

seems some are leaving hwbot over this. It does seem to attempt to strongarm people into benching in the oe area comps

Personally I think that people caring so much about their points/position will adapt to whatever changes surface along the way. Others will continue doing it for their entertainment, it's still a hobby after all, not something you'd have on your resume.

Personally I think that people caring so much about their points/position will adapt to whatever changes surface along the way. Others will continue doing it for their entertainment, it's still a hobby after all, not something you'd have on your resume.

thats most of the issue. we do this for entertainment, but enjoy gaining points from our work. Our work is now worth next to nothing. It seems an attempt to force everyone to play someone else's game one someone else'e time

thats most of the issue. we do this for entertainment, but enjoy gaining points from our work. Our work is now worth next to nothing. It seems an attempt to force everyone to play someone else's game one someone else'e time

I understand what you're saying.

Tune that out and think 'entertainment', not work.

After all, that's what it's really about. Keep it fun. :)

http://hwbot.org/competition/team_cup_2014_sc1/

And

http://oc-esports.io/#!/round/team_cup_2015_sc4

I'm getting first place points for when I have no firsts.

If I remember correctly I was top for a while in the intel percentage OC one and the mobile HWBot prime in the 2015 team cup, so it's those two bugging out for me.

Only there have been competition points for years and they never used to expire. I have 3 years of competition points that disappeared on me, 3 years of work for nothing. On second thought, I support you, lets go back to the old system. ;)

Only there have been competition points for years and they never used to expire. I have 3 years of competition points that disappeared on me, 3 years of work for nothing. On second thought, I support you, lets go back to the old system. ;)

Yeah but picture you are new to OC and you want to be competitive, how are you going to be able to contest those who have 3K competition points stored up over 10 years? It wouldn't be a fair system really.

Yeah but picture you are new to OC and you want to be competitive, how are you going to be able to contest those who have 3K competition points stored up over 10 years? It wouldn't be a fair system really.

I was not serious, I actually think the current system is very fair. Selfishly, I would have like to see some portion remain of last 3 years of work but I can't argue with the fairness of the new system.