HWBOT Community Forums

CPUZ 1.73 validation issue with skylake

hey guys,

i experienced something weird with latest 1.73 cpuz when trying to save validation files even with Gigabyte or Asus mobos.

i was benching 6700k on ln2, and above ~5.5G when i press F7 or the validate button from cpuz tab (extreme oc feature on or off doesnt change about that) got immediately blackscreen and system restart.

i guess this new cpuz generates bigger cpuz load during validation process like older versions. anyway since you cannot validate with older cpuz versions anymore you have to modify cpuz.ini file.

here are my settings below what i used to take valids succesfully cpu and mobo tab activated only.

[CPU-Z]

VERSION=1.7.3.0

TextFontName=

TextFontSize=14

TextFontColor=000080

LabelFontName=

LabelFontSize=14

ACPI=1

PCI=0

MaxPCIBus=256

DMI=1

Sensor=0

SMBus=0

Display=0

UseDisplayAPI=0

BusClock=0

Chipset=0

SPD=0

XOC=1

CheckUpdates=0

after this, i was able to succesfully save and upload valids up to 6.4G+

j9xipi.png

anyway, i know its nothing new here but i've lost about an hour+ to figure this out while benching. hope it helps anyone who is chasing max clock.

cheers,

bala

I experienced similar bug, but on the other "end"... Pentium 90 overclocked past 66MHz it report wrong FSB and CPU clock... and same P90 underclocked to 10.7MHz result in no CPU frequency shown, hence no validation. Bug since v1.70... because earlier versions have no problemo.