HWBOT Community Forums

how much would you pay for magic Skylake TIM?

How much would you pay for 50 grams?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. How much would you pay for 50 grams?

• 60 dollars
    • 70 dollars
    • 80 dollars or more

Where is the option 5 USD? :banana:

The truth is - Gelid or Grizzly or Frostbyte or Grandpa/Grandma are good for full pot BUT when you put them on IHS - POT (Frostbyte is good with CPUs soldered to IHS like Ivy-E, with CPUs with TIM between DIE and IHS Grizzly/Gelid/Nick's Grandpa's (don't confuse with Grandma, it's different paste). The problem is DIE - IHS. Even if such paste would cost 20 USD per 1g, most Extreme/Elite deliding guys would buy it just to put on DIEs... If you Delid CPU for 300-400 Euro, you don't care about few bucks on thermal compound...

100$ for 50 grams of paste to have some common sense tough would be maximum i would spent . The thing is the more is made the cheaper it gets for supplier,so a proper way of doing this would be to create a preorder list of interested people then see the final price .

Just for the love of god and all that is holy... Sell it in a big tube. I hate how the large quantities of GC Extreme come in that little "tub" where you waste half of the container just trying to use it. I have a tube of Kryonaut as well and it's still not a large quantity. Give me Ceramique sized tubes :celebration:

Give me Ceramique sized tubes :celebration:

This! Smallest TIM tube available should be 22g :D

My preferred price wasn't mentioned. If 22g of Ceramique II is £5.75 (Ebay) then 44g is ~£11 or $17. 3x the price better be pretty damned special and I bet that most of the price of a super paste is hype, not science.

Edited by K404

Just for the love of god and all that is holy... Sell it in a big tube. I hate how the large quantities of GC Extreme come in that little "tub" where you waste half of the container just trying to use it. I have a tube of Kryonaut as well and it's still not a large quantity. Give me Ceramique sized tubes :celebration:

Apparently there is "Splave" edition (Big) Kryonaut tube available, you have to contact Roman for it.

I saw a picture somewhere a couple of days back. Can't find the post right now.

why do we need full pot? are we that lazy :) In actuality you can buy garbage paste that comes with rosewill air coolers and have no CB because the temps are so bad.

Its better to see a "no cold bug" cpu get delid and TIM swap and have -150c cold bug.

Would you rather have 6ghz cpu with no CB or 6.3ghz with -150c cold bug lol