HWBOT Community Forums

Stock vs Gelid GC Extreme vs Grizzly on Single Stage !

As you already know Skylake overclock depends greatly on TIM used.It is now more important than ever for both ambient and extreme users to use a quality TIM for maximizing overclocks.

Since overclocking Skylake is pretty much apply voltage and frequency and start i made a short test with stock tim versus two quality solutions from Gelid and Grizzly .

I used for this a good single-stage made by nachtfalke who kept a steady temperature of -56 idle -53 load on xtu benchmark . Having a steady temperature and avoiding variations helps greatly test data so i have to give credit to nachtfalke for being a great builder and also a good friend ;)

Long story short:

SINGLE STAGE -56 IDLE -53 LOAD

Intel I7 6700K @ 1.58V

Frequency for completing XTU benchmark :

Test #1 Cpu not delidded,stock TIM between DIE and IHS,Gelid GC EXTREME between IHS and EVAPORATOR.

Results : TERRIBLE

Stock TIM is a disaster and Intel should be sued for letting chips like these out of factory,maximum temperature was 54 degrees,maximum frequency 5070...

stocktimeyk67.jpg

Test #2 Cpu not delidded,stock TIM between DIE and IHS,Grizzly Kryonaut between IHS and EVAP

Results : POS but better

Kryonaut improved the result by 12 degrees and maximum frequency is now 5120 ...

grizzr6jwd.jpg

Test #3 Cpu delidded,Gelid GC-Extreme between DIE and IHS,Grizzly Kryonaut between IHS and EVAP

Results : Good

Replacing stock TIM with Gelid GC Extreme slashed another 19 degrees and maximum frequency is now 5190 for XTU

geliddie2cs1u.jpg

Test #3 Cpu delidded, Grizzly Kryonaut between DIE and IHS,Grizzly Kryonaut between IHS and EVAP

Results : Excellent

Grizzly Kryonaut between DIE and IHS slashed another 10 degrees and gained 100 mhz more for a decent frequency of 5290 XTU test...

grizzzzzzzncu24.jpg

Conclusion :

Kryonaut is an excellent product and should be taken into consideration by anyone who knows what he is doing when overclocking. A good tool for overclockers deserves credit and this goes to Roman !

Edited by Alex@ro