HWBOT Community Forums

Asrock Z170 OC Formula-DDR4

Guest Bullant

Guest Bullant

Hi all,is that time again new platform and lots more cold memory action ahah

Had this platform for little over 2 weeks,so it's still all new to me,I did finally run some cold memory's for the first time yesterday.Will continue to post many more results as I learn this new platform,will also try to post from different ics,AU is little limited on the new memory's atm

The new Z170 OCF once again was really nice to use,Nick has done a great job on the board and bios once again

Hynix 3736Mhz 11-15-15-28 46-48 rtls 4-4 iols

qzp5zt.png

i4ffjm.jpg

Edited by Bullant

Guest Bullant

When did this happen air,cold?could be moisture if you were cold

You tried

Reseat CPU

Check no bent pins in CPU socket aswell as memory sockets

Try one dim by itself in each channel,different dims also

Check nothing is in the memory channels

Have another CPU try

Different memory

Take the battery out for 3-5 minutes

Clean the gold fingers of memory

I don't have any the spray the guys use never needed it but it's also something you can look into also

Edited by Bullant

Nicks auto values volts on those two should work fine,have you tested 1 dim at a time to see if each dim does close to clocks your trying to do,also make sure you remove battery for bit a start fresh

I haven't really tried much more volts then the auto values of those two to be honest I lowered one and got more stability,anything is possible with memory tho,up down volts I don't know what max of those two volts are tho

Edited by Bullant

You can try setting subs auto then see if it ok at 3333 then tight subs up manually,Im not sure if it would help but can always re flash bios see if that helps,it really is just trying everything and eliminate everything until you find the problem...that could also be a faulty item

Thanks, I am gonna be more patient with it I guess. I am just not used to struggling to OC my binned HOT sticks.

Usually I can just set what I want and it goes.. lol

That and i thought it was freezing but it was just taking a while to get to login screen for c12 2800... wow c12 2800... they do c11 3250 32m on air but struggle with c12 3000 on this skylakr... just...

Edited by Random

You haven't left slow mode on? Those hot 3333 sticks you have ?i was trying to get a kit if these recently but never heard back from the guy,they could possibility do 38xx cl11 tight on cold

Yeah you should be in black slots dude,that will help,I thought you would of had them in the black ones as I think all boards are like this so I'm assuming things haven't changed

Edited by Bullant

The X99M Killer/3.1 mobo is 1DPC (DIMM Per Channel) while the Z170 is 2DPC, it would be quite ackward for the X99 mobo to have big difference for each slots. But on Z170 if one memory bank is good and the other not as much on each channel then it only affects OC when you use 4 modules.

Yeah im not sure about x99 totally different platform,now it's sorted start posting is a awesome board

Thanks for comment marmott

Some results from couple days ago from z170 ocf

mw7jpi.png

Edited by Bullant

The X99M Killer/3.1 mobo is 1DPC (DIMM Per Channel) while the Z170 is 2DPC, it would be quite ackward for the X99 mobo to have big difference for each slots. But on Z170 if one memory bank is good and the other not as much on each channel then it only affects OC when you use 4 modules.

Thanks for this