3DMark11 added to HWBOT?

Massman

So, what do you guys think?

To summarize:

+ New DX11 benchmark

- Subtest details not visible offline

- Basic version = no offline score

- Not possible to submit score from non-DX11 system

To overcome the lack of subtest details, we could make a verification link mandatory. This, however, goes against the HWBOT principle of keeping participating as low-cost as possible. Forcing people who recently started overclocking to invest in a benchmark just to be able to submit a score goes against this principle. Screenshots without the subtest details are not worth much as the subtest details helps users to compare easily and moderators to quickly catch bugged scores.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A screenshot will always be mandatory.

It also feels quite wrong to force people to pay for the benchmark even if they just want to submit one result. It's not our goal to have overclockers pay for the development of a benchmark (or this site for that matter), so just like Vantage it's not that straight-forward to just add the benchmark. Keep in mind that without an advanced key you wouldn't be able to submit a result to HWBOT.

To be honest, I was thinking this weekend to just add it without points and see where it goes ... but the lack of subtests changed my mind again.

A screenshot will always be mandatory.

It also feels quite wrong to force people to pay for the benchmark even if they just want to submit one result. It's not our goal to have overclockers pay for the development of a benchmark (or this site for that matter), so just like Vantage it's not that straight-forward to just add the benchmark. Keep in mind that without an advanced key you wouldn't be able to submit a result to HWBOT.

To be honest, I was thinking this weekend to just add it without points and see where it goes ... but the lack of subtests changed my mind again.

So maybe for now, like You write Mass ranking without points, and bot staff + people will see, if this is good road ( compare url + screen ). Maybe You change Your mind one more time ;)

Great, Thanks bassplayer.

The whole online submission is a PITA. Tried to submit on my laptop, but program stops as you need a DX11 card. Then submitted on-line with bench rig and forgot to turn automatic windows update off #@#%! Updates got installed and now system hangs at windows screen....just another thing to fix....

Great, Thanks bassplayer.

The whole online submission is a PITA. Tried to submit on my laptop, but program stops as you need a DX11 card. Then submitted on-line with bench rig and forgot to turn automatic windows update off #@#%! Updates got installed and now system hangs at windows screen....just another thing to fix....

Yeah. I'm upset because I purchased the Advanced Version but I still have to go online to see my subscores.

So maybe for now, like You write Mass ranking without points, and bot staff + people will see, if this is good road ( compare url + screen ). Maybe You change Your mind one more time ;)

Wouldn't that be sending the wrong signal?

I mean, look at the 3DMark score window. Next to the details tab, there's enough room to show all the subtest scores. I'm pretty sure Futuremark knows what the oc community needs as a bare minimum to use a benchmark frequently.

- offline score

- offline subtest score

- save file

- upload from non-DX11 setup (preferably also from any OS)

I understand why they prefer to have everyone look online, though.

Wouldn't that be sending the wrong signal?

I mean, look at the 3DMark score window. Next to the details tab, there's enough room to show all the subtest scores. I'm pretty sure Futuremark knows what the oc community needs as a bare minimum to use a benchmark frequently.

- offline score

- offline subtest score

- save file

- upload from non-DX11 setup (preferably also from any OS)

I understand why they prefer to have everyone look online, though.

Hmm ok, now I change my mind if I think one more time about 3DM 11.

Ghostleader over at OCN found out how to view the subscores without going online. You can save the results and open it with any archiver (like WinZip or WinRAR). Open Results.xml and the numbers are all in there.

This won't help for screen shots, though.

http://www.overclock.net/11565060-post60.html

But this is not way with basic edition ...

Edited by DEVILEK

Ghostleader over at OCN found out how to view the subscores without going online. You can save the results and open it with any archiver (like WinZip or WinRAR). Open Results.xml and the numbers are all in there.

This won't help for screen shots, though.

http://www.overclock.net/11565060-post60.html

It's 'possible'. Definitly not user-friendly :P