HWBOT Community Forums

i7-4790K, GTX 970 and video editing

kvamens

Guest TheMadDutchDude

Overclocking will most definitely help the performance, but you need to ensure it is 100% stable when doing work like that. Nothing is more infuriating than rendering for a long time, and it then crashing due to an instability.

My advice, even though it's not what I believe in, is to set something sensible and make sure it is bomb proof before doing any encoding work. You should be able to get your CPU to 4.6 GHz without any hassle, but only you can find out by trying.

Overclocking will most definitely help the performance, but you need to ensure it is 100% stable when doing work like that. Nothing is more infuriating than rendering for a long time, and it then crashing due to an instability.

My advice, even though it's not what I believe in, is to set something sensible and make sure it is bomb proof before doing any encoding work. You should be able to get your CPU to 4.6 GHz without any hassle, but only you can find out by trying.

ok, thanks

I would belive this system would do video editing good without any overclocking but it dosen't, even pepole having a less powerful system say they doing editing without problem, and nearly smootless

but thanks, ill try 4,6:)

Guest TheMadDutchDude

It's more than capable, without a doubt. Overclocking just lowers the time taken to render the scene. :)

If you need any help, just ask. We're all more than willing to assist you.