HWBOT Community Forums

Won't run at full potential.

Krazykenny06

I have been having this issue, I have my cpu set to 45x but it runs at 8x and when I change the clock speed it gives me a blue screen of death and restarts. Really weird. Fairly new to overclocking and new to the XTU software. I changed the settings in the BIOS but it doesn't actually apply it. When the XTU software applies it, it will either work or it will crash. I just don't understand why my 4.0 ghz processor runs or is limited at 800mhz. Some times it will accept the change and run at 4.4ghz but after it goes to sleep XTU says watchdog has reverted my settings and I'm back to 800 mhz, then after watchdog changes things it will just keep giving me the BSoD.

I discovered this when I was running a 3dMark firestrike and the physics test give me 3-5 fps, once I was able to open up its potential to 4.4 ghz I got over 70 fps. However, every time the computer goes to sleep, the setting reverts back to 800 mhz. I'm just wondering if anyone else has encountered this issue or if I have done something wrong.

I build this set up about 2 weeks ago, so it isn't like anything is old, I have all new and aftermarket cooling. Not my first PC build either.

attached is a pic showing settings for 45x but running on CPU-Z at an 8x multiplier. the BSoD error for windows 10, and the watchdog warning

Any ideas??

Edited by Krazykenny06

Guest TheMadDutchDude

When you get that error, your CPU is usually unstable. At least, that's usually what happens in my experience with XTU.

Set Windows power options to high performance as well.

Disable C1E, and all other C states in the BIOS, as that'll stop your CPU from going into a low power state. :)

I have been having this issue, I have my cpu set to 45x but it runs at 8x and when I change the clock speed it gives me a blue screen of death and restarts. Really weird. Fairly new to overclocking and new to the XTU software. I changed the settings in the BIOS but it doesn't actually apply it. When the XTU software applies it, it will either work or it will crash. I just don't understand why my 4.0 ghz processor runs or is limited at 800mhz. Some times it will accept the change and run at 4.4ghz but after it goes to sleep XTU says watchdog has reverted my settings and I'm back to 800 mhz, then after watchdog changes things it will just keep giving me the BSoD.

I discovered this when I was running a 3dMark firestrike and the physics test give me 3-5 fps, once I was able to open up its potential to 4.4 ghz I got over 70 fps. However, every time the computer goes to sleep, the setting reverts back to 800 mhz. I'm just wondering if anyone else has encountered this issue or if I have done something wrong.

I build this set up about 2 weeks ago, so it isn't like anything is old, I have all new and aftermarket cooling. Not my first PC build either.

attached is a pic showing settings for 45x but running on CPU-Z at an 8x multiplier.

Any ideas??

what board are you using, maybe you hit the slow mode switch by accident while building?

When you get that error, your CPU is usually unstable. At least, that's usually what happens in my experience with XTU.

Set Windows power options to high performance as well.

Disable C1E, and all other C states in the BIOS, as that'll stop your CPU from going into a low power state. :)

Changing the power settings unlocked my cpu's limiter! thanks bud! its running much better now.