HWBOT Community Forums

Winter Season 2010 / 2011 - picture collection

SoF

Hey guys,

it's getting cold outside and I smell some benching fun outside and inside - this thread is not mainly about the huge numbers just about posting some pictures about winter benching systems :cool:

I had a small session with 7900 GT and 480 GTX but was unluckily interrupted by snow. The 480 seemed to like it outside and I need to get some ShadyBitch + DICE asap to have some more fun soon :D

b8gkshfz.jpg

Let's see your systems for long winter evenings :)

best regards

SoF

HAHA awesome man :D

awesome work chris :D

thanks guys! couldn't get anything noticable this time but awaiting some new hardware soon :D

GTX 580 Overclocking Session

Ambient Temp : -15°C

CPU / GPU / MOSFETS / Myself

Haha very nice setup! :cool: ..but sitting there must have been a pain :P

Hopefully temps will go that low beginning of jan here when I have 2 weeks holiday.

Just be careful with single-stages and cascades in low ambient situations. You can reduce the high-side pressure so much that you get very little massflow and horrible performance. Shouldn't be an issue around 0 Celsius but don't wheel your cascade outside in say.. -30 Celsius ambients :D

Now that's a proper use for rog connect, no need to walk outside if it crashes!

That's absolutely glorious.

yeah it was really nice sitting inside while the system had do freeze its ass of :D

Just be careful with single-stages and cascades in low ambient situations. You can reduce the high-side pressure so much that you get very little massflow and horrible performance. Shouldn't be an issue around 0 Celsius but don't wheel your cascade outside in say.. -30 Celsius ambients :D

yeah I was told so also by the guy I bought the stager from - it was ~0°C and that seemed to give me ~8°-10C better temp compared to inside. while temp was a bit falling (maybe -2 to -3°C) it didn't got me any better temps on the cooling.

I tried a cedarmill with -16 ambient last monday

got 6390MHz suicide

heatpipe coolers didn't do a good job for me last year - under load they will extremly lack performance as whatever is used inside the pipes isn't designed for such low temps. It was better for me to use an old slk900 plain copper cooler without pipes.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...