HWBOT Community Forums

GPU-Z Frequency HOF ?

Guest GoriLLakoS

Guest GoriLLakoS

Aloha guys,

Is there on your future plans to add a new category with Max frequency on GPUs like the CPU-Z hall of fame?

Now with the release of the GPU-Z , it should be easier and more accurate than before..:)

Regards

Bill

________

Blowjob swallow

Edited by GoriLLakoS

Aloha guys,

Is there on your future plans to add a new category with Max frequency on GPUs like the CPU-Z hall of fame?

Now with the release of the GPU-Z , it should be easier and more accurate than before..:)

Regards

Bill

I don't OC high-end video cards, but this sounds a great idea to my ears anyway:D

But are you talking about CORE frequency, MEMORY frequency, or the total sum of those?

• 3 months later...

What about having 3DM01 nature or AM3 as a minimum requirement for a GPU clock speed "verification"

SPi1M and CPU-Z are pointless for any indication of stability, but are so popular for people breaking GHz barriers etc :)

Im working on some GPU stuff at the mo and hope to get either of those benches to complete to show off some MHz. Dont see why it should be less of an achivement than using SPi 1M to show "OMG I broke 5.7GHz on an E84" or whatever

Suicide runs (no stability tests) 'd be pointless as most of the modern cards have separate 2D and 3D clocks - so you can set 2000/2000 for 3D mode on whatever card you own - run GPUz in 2D mode - GPUz 'll read 2000/2000 - you have #1 spot

stupid

if we're talking about "benchable" rankings - best way to combine GPU/MEM clocks without separating the categories is a bench that is 100% GFX dependant

Sadly, 01 nature isn't such anymore - with 9800GX2 cards you have a heavy CPU bottleneck there

so you'd suggest two rankings?

stable & unstable:)

Nope :) For me personally- I dont see the point of CPU-Z benching because I dont see the point of "having" MHz that cant do anything, so a GPU-Z picture of MHz wouldnt interest me at all, only a bench or a test ran at xxx MHz.

Also- seeing as its purely a function of MHz, it loses a bit more of the point because it doesnt recognise the differences between cards or clock efficiency.

Just my opinion though. :)

• 5 weeks later...

A ranking of DDR1/DDR2/DDR3 frequencies sounds great! Tweaking memory is a skill, just as getting the highest CPUZ validation.

GPUZ valid's would also be great. It's nearly impossible to get an "ever-lasting" hardwawre record for GPUs atm. Old records will be beaten once faster CPUs are released. It's not fun to get a really good result, and see it get owned because AMD/Intel released a faster CPU.

maybe some basic rules could be established for this category also... i.e. DDR1 no looser timings than 4-4-4-x.... DDR2 no looser than 5-5-5-x.... DDR3 no looser than 7-7-7-x

Or something along those lines. Im not an expert memory tweaker so the fine points should be fleshed out by those who know whats up.

maybe some basic rules could be established for this category also... i.e. DDR1 no looser timings than 4-4-4-x.... DDR2 no looser than 5-5-5-x.... DDR3 no looser than 7-7-7-x

Or something along those lines. Im not an expert memory tweaker so the fine points should be fleshed out by those who know whats up.

CAS is the best way to sort the scores. IMO.

• 2 months later...

Id like to add 2 1/2 reasons why GPU-Z HOF is not a good idea

1/ screeny of freq is pointless- nVidia and ATI dont care about raw MHz the same way Intel did. theres just no point to the bench except as another way to award silverware points

2/ It will give another skewed value to certain hardware

3/ This is a legitimate score, yet 100% BS at the same time:

1ghzcoreou5.th.jpg

Yup...thats a 6600GT at 1GHz core, 3DM03 stable, with a TEC.

These are my opinions, but its how I feel about the situation. IMHO raw MHz are meaningless

Id like to add 2 1/2 reasons why GPU-Z HOF is not a good idea

1/ screeny of freq is pointless- nVidia and ATI dont care about raw MHz the same way Intel did. theres just no point to the bench except as another way to award silverware points

2/ It will give another skewed value to certain hardware

3/ This is a legitimate score, yet 100% BS at the same time:

1ghzcoreou5.th.jpg

Yup...thats a 6600GT at 1GHz core, 3DM03 stable, with a TEC.

These are my opinions, but its how I feel about the situation. IMHO raw MHz are meaningless

The problem with today's GPU benchmarks is that they're all very CPU dependent. When benching a CPU you can get a nice pi score by using an FX5200 PCI card:D But benching 3dmark05 with a celeron isn't much fun, is it?

I have tons of AGP cards here. Someday I'll buy an ASRock board and an X6800, just to get a lot of points - which will be quite easy (I think) when I fight agains Bartons etc. It would make things alot more interesting if there was a bench that wouldn't benefit from greater CPU speeds - max frequencies don't.

• 2 weeks later...