HWBOT Community Forums

Clock_Watchdog_Timeout

Ssid

I have a real problem with overclocking and windows 10. Since the settings are Ok for bios, there is the message "clock_watchdog_timeout", if I'm near 4.7 GHz with a i7-5820K cpu and the ASUS Rampage V Extreme. Is it possible to avoid this?

Edited by ViciousMods

Guest TheMadDutchDude

As above, something in your system isn't completely stable. I've had this when pushing the RAM hard as well, but that could've just been coincidental.

Thx for fast answers. Is it possible, that Windows 7 will not behave this way? I think the problem is caused by voltage, ASUS Rampage V Extreme doesn't accept any voltage above 1.49. Even possible may be, that I overclocked the RAM form 2133 to 2800, but Your information is very important for me, thx once again!

Update: Solved this, it was caused by to low core-voltage. Now the barrier will be the 1.5-max in bios of the Asus R5E.

So I have to try UBU or other tools here: https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=5014229B9E752333&id=5014229B9E752333!998 to change this...the cooling I designed will handle even 1.5x, I hope ;)

Edited by ViciousMods