HWBOT Community Forums

Add chiller cooling

Drager

Temperature of the chilled "water" can be about -30\-35. I think such "water" can't be compared with normal water cooling system. And it can confuse another people if I select h2o cause of too high clocks for h2o. It's the same if you combine DI and LN2.

But if it's hard to do - ok. Thx for the replies...

Temperature of the chilled "water" can be about -30\-35. I think such "water" can't be compared with normal water cooling system. And it can confuse another people if I select h2o cause of too high clocks for h2o. It's the same if you combine DI and LN2.

But if it's hard to do - ok. Thx for the replies...

In your case...since your chiller goes down @ -30C ... you'd better submit it as a single phase cooling.

If the attempt is to make it as easy as possible I think it would be better to have categories like: Extreme, regular and stock. Or something like that.

I personaly think that its a good idea to add waterchiller, or write in the guidelines that if you use waterchiller you have to choose singel phase cooling.

Another thing is that a waterchiller basically is a combined singel stager with watercooling. Maybe it could be possible to choose both the two categories?

• 5 months later...

Guys its the same thing with AC units. You can just put your cas in front of it and send a hell of a lot of air @ 4ºC into it, having the cpu idle at 15ºC (i know my pall's Q6600 gets those temps @1.54v@4.1Ghz, since we tried that aproach)

So it still counts as aircooling, despite the AC unit having a PHase unit inside to cool the air, its the same think with a chiller.

Also there are other ways to cool water:

Run a spiral copper tube trough a big box of Dice is one, just dont forget the anti-freeze

Guys its the same thing with AC units. You can just put your cas in front of it and send a hell of a lot of air @ 4ºC into it, having the cpu idle at 15ºC (i know my pall's Q6600 gets those temps @1.54v@4.1Ghz, since we tried that aproach)

So it still counts as aircooling, despite the AC unit having a PHase unit inside to cool the air, its the same think with a chiller.

Also there are other ways to cool water:

Run a spiral copper tube trough a big box of Dice is one, just dont forget the anti-freeze

Not very many people do this, and IMO phase change cooled air = phase change cooling, Same with a water chiller.

The last example is IMO either dice cooling, or perhaps phase change (the temps you get will be comparable to a SS, even if it's not using a compressor)

• 2 weeks later...
Not very many people do this, and IMO phase change cooled air = phase change cooling, Same with a water chiller.

The last example is IMO either dice cooling, or perhaps phase change (the temps you get will be comparable to a SS, even if it's not using a compressor)

I mean, ya cant really compare phace change cooled water to phase changed cooled air, i can only get my CPU to 20ºC with the AC blowing 5 inches from it, real phase change gets this temps but its on full load, on full load i do almost the same temp as in regular air cooling (42ºC against the 49ºC on regular air).

But yeah, I understand what ya say, anyways the type o cooling you choose in the submit form doesnt change the points, so its worthless, just for comparison.

IMO i think either HWbot should have a Sort WR by cooling tab....