HWBOT Community Forums

Trouble coming out of sleep with Non-k OC

Hey all,

Anyone else having problems with their sleep functionality with their non-k bios? It seems to have junked the sleep functionality, where when trying to come out of sleep it just sits at a black screen with all the fans on full.

Not that I'm complaining, as sleep is a small price to pay for 4.5mhz stable on my i5 6500, but if anyone has any ideas about how to fix it I'd be game.

Thanks!

(Using Asus z170-a non-k bios)

Edited by seanpatrick

Hey all,

Anyone else having problems with their sleep functionality with their non-k bios? It seems to have junked the sleep functionality, where when trying to come out of sleep it just sits at a black screen with all the fans on full.

Not that I'm complaining, as sleep is a small price to pay for 4.5mhz stable on my i5 6500, but if anyone has any ideas about how to fix it I'd be game.

Thanks!

(Using Asus z170-a non-k bios)

Can't believe 83 ppl saw this without even replying to you...

From Elmor's thread (http://forum.hwbot.org/showthread.php?t=149907):

Some more info about the unlocking. What you need to know is that it's just a simple BIOS update and that it's experimental = not suited for 24/7 use. For example any power management will not work using this method. XTU is also screwed up when using this, with scores around 200 points.

Can't believe 83 ppl saw this without even replying to you...

From Elmor's thread (http://forum.hwbot.org/showthread.php?t=149907):

Hi, thanks for replying. Actually I solved it by turning off hybrid sleep, and now let it just hibernate.

As far as not being meant for 24/7 usage, my temps are well within spec and have run into no problems with gaming or other general usage - so as far as I'm concerned it's perfectly fine for 24/7 usage. Just my 2 cents.

Cheers,

Sean.

Edited by seanpatrick