HWBOT Community Forums

The official HWBOT Country Cup 2010 - stage 5: 3DMark2001 SE thread.

OLDcomer

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, so it's totally fine to use same components with different "unique hardware" per stage (vga, ram, cpu, etc.), make a nice photo of the system from a different angles + a photo of the people who participated in the party?! Yeah, that's what I call CountryCup spirit...

Edited by I.nfraR.ed

The unique hardware is based on EITHER processor, videocard or memory and not a combination of all three. For VGA benchmarks, the unique hardware limitation is set on the graphics card; for CPU benchmarks, the unique hardware limitation is based on CPU.

A part of the Country Cup is also teaming up when necessary to push the team to a higher score. It's strategy.

Yes, but while e.g. 3DMark 03 is mostly VGA dependent and the IGP is the unique part, we can't say CPU is not important in '01...am I right? So, this leads to Sandy, when LGA775 is forbidden. Whatever, this totally screws many of the stages. The CPU is the unique part in stage4, but actually it's not so important. I'm not much into Intel, but any E8*** would do it to 4GHz, so it's mostly mobo and memory based stage.

Edited by I.nfraR.ed

Ok, so it's totally fine to use same components with different "unique hardware" per stage (vga, ram, cpu, etc.), make a nice photo of the system from a different angles + a photo of the people who participated in the party?! Yeah, that's what I call CountryCup spirit...

You would rather to have a situation like last year with 3 x same model golden CPU? Fine by me, let's have the 2k1 with E8600 and se who can keep up....

CountryCup means TEAM effort, TEAM spirit, not individual competing. That means people working together. As long as the rules are respected, what is the problem? Sandy Bridge? With Sandy Bridge the chances are pretty much equal, since they all go the same. The mobos are in stock since last years, the CPU's are available in retail since the upcoming Monday, and they are officialy launched since Jan 3rd. Most 2500K and 2600K can go 5300-5400MHz. Equal chances.

@KB - We have SB in Romania and you don't have them in Norway? A....LOL? :)

You would rather to have a situation like last year with 3 x same model golden CPU? Fine by me, let's have the 2k1 with E8600 and se who can keep up....

CountryCup means TEAM effort, TEAM spirit, not individual competing. That means people working together. As long as the rules are respected, what is the problem? Sandy Bridge? With Sandy Bridge the chances are pretty much equal, since they all go the same. The mobos are in stock since last years, the CPU's are available in retail since the upcoming Monday, and they are officialy launched since Jan 3rd. Most 2500K and 2600K can go 5300-5400MHz. Equal chances.

@KB - We have SB in Romania and you don't have them in Norway? A....LOL? :)

I know it was released, but I can't find any in stock anywhere over here... lol. Well, no need to focus on that stage then:( Weird that they've got some in Denmark, but not here.

Can't bitch about this when they're available everywhere else, though. If they were only available in one country I guess it would be different.

So it's not allowed for this stage, then, since it wasn't released at the very beginning.

+ 1

Sandy is not not released in all eu country. Germany, Croatia ... can get this cpu from retail, but what about another country ? I must order sandy grom shopxxx.de to play this game ? I say no. Buy if say no, and whait for retail sandy in poland this stage will be closed.

Launch date - January 3

Retail availablity - January 10

3DMark01 un-LGA775'd ranking - opened on January 6, ends on January 22

Where is the problem? 2 weeks are not enough?

Do you really think it is all in the CPU? Do you think there are more equal chances with X58? We'll see in the MaxxMem stage pretty soon ;)

Edited by Monstru

Jusr my two cents, this is a COUNTRY cup, and then any HW that's allowed should be available in most countries that participate. I haven't checked all other countries, if it's totally random whether these can be bought I'd say it's more fair for the competition to not allow 1155. if it's just Norway... then it's our problem.

Looks like there are some chips available in Germany, but not 2600k according to idealo.de. Had a quick look at a couple of UK webshops as well, no 2600k in the price lists (but a few other chips). Kinda lame, as it's the only chip that's useful... It's rather unfair if the results are dependant on release dates rather than skill. One compromise could be to allow any other chips in that series, that's fair enough right?:) Those are at least available in more countries.

Jusr my two cents, this is a COUNTRY cup, and then any HW that's allowed should be available in most countries that participate. I haven't checked all other countries, if it's totally random whether these can be bought I'd say it's more fair for the competition to not allow 1155. if it's just Norway... then it's our problem.

Looks like there are some chips available in Germany, but not 2600k according to idealo.de. Had a quick look at a couple of UK webshops as well, no 2600k in the price lists (but a few other chips). Kinda lame, as it's the only chip that's useful... It's rather unfair if the results are dependant on release dates rather than skill. One compromise could be to allow any other chips in that series, that's fair enough right?:) Those are at least available in more countries.

Today = Jan. 8th

Release date = Jan. 10th

Maxmem and X58 is another story, not like sandy, go up multi and voltage.

Yes, X58 is another story....With SB everybody has the same chance more or less, CPU wise, even though less skill is involved in CPU oc. With X58 most of the participants in this competition don't actually have much of a chance :)

Remember though 2k1 is still about VGA and tweaking too.