HWBOT Community Forums

Start in aggressive overclock (H80i on ice)

Guest PH Benchmarker

Guest PH Benchmarker

Good afternoon friends, I would like to start on a overclocking a little heavier, the cooling aspect, I had thought of putting the radiator Corsair H80i in a combination ice + alcohol (think that's it). What should I do in this case? Hugs.

I will reply in portuguese because it's easier for me to explain... :P

Isole a placa-mãe e as mangueiras do H80i pq elas podem condensar e ai corre o risco de pingar água na mobo e dar caca.

Não tem necessidade de isolar tudo como se fosse usar no LN2, papel toalha na mobo e nas mangueiras que já resolve nesse caso.:)

Uma foto para te dar uma idéia de como isolar isso:

http://hwbot.org/image/1166927.jpg

Edited by NoMS

Guest PH Benchmarker

Very interesting, I use AMD and also like to know where you get these rods and pots of LN2 / dry ice, because after going through ordinary ice I want to start cooling with dry ice, will also provide a bench, I liked yours. What better combination? Acetone with ice or ice with salt?

Very interesting, I use AMD and also like to know where you get these rods and pots of LN2 / dry ice, because after going through ordinary ice I want to start cooling with dry ice, will also provide a bench, I liked yours. What better combination? Acetone with ice or ice with salt?

You can buy the pots from K|ngp|n, Der8auer or EK for example, the only problem is that it can be a bit expensive nowadays because of dollar + shipping + taxes. :(

And just make sure that you can buy DI/LN2 with a affordable price in your city, the prices varies greatly from region to region (eg. I pay R$23 per kg of DI in Bauru/SP, a friend of mine pays R$10 per kg in Campinas/SP).

I know people that uses ice + salt or alcohol 92.8% with ice so both of them should work fine. :)

Edited by NoMS

Guest PH Benchmarker

This doubt was remedied for future overclocking, because use a bad motherboard (chipset 780G + FX-8320E) that causes throttling from 4,6GHz due to overheating of the VRMs and now motherboard exchange, it is very complicated.

PS: I looked at your blog, and has very good articles.

Hugs.