HWBOT Community Forums

[UNOFFICIAL] World Series at Computex

Massman

Hey guys,

So as you all know already, we'll be hosting the World Tour at Nangang 4th Floor this year. The event includes both extreme and amateur overclocking. We're still finalizing all the details for the competition, but I know that many of you are looking to plan out the Computex week so I want to give you the information as soon as possible.

The World Series at Computex is slightly different from the other World Tour events since we have 5 days of overclocking. The structure is as follows:

• May 31: 3h qualifier + top-2 1vs1
  • June 1: 3h qualifier + top-2 1vs1
  • June 2: 3h qualifier + top-2 1vs1
  • June 3: 3h qualifier + top-2 1vs1
  • June 4: semi-, bronze and grand final between the 4 winners

The winner on Day 4 grabs the ticket to the World Championship at the end of the year. Thanks to some incredible partners, we're also able to provide some cash prizes:

• USD 500 - 250 - 125, for the top-3 of each qualifier
  • USD 1000 - 500 - 250, for the overall top-3 on June 4

At the moment we're finalizing the details for the qualifier and 1vs1 hardware. I can't disclose too much yet, but let's just say that the 1vs1 will be on the X99 platform *wink*.

As for bringing your own hardware: just like any other World Tour this is a BYOC event. That means you can bring anything you want and enjoy the LN2 we have at the event. Thanks to Seasonic, we can provide ONE 760W Platinum PSU for each participant (to be returned), so you don't need to bring a PSU if you don't have one. We're also working on providing enough monitors, but nothing is confirmed yet.

The following hardware will be provided for qualifier and finals:

• PSU: Seasonic 760W Platinum
  • CPU
  • Motherboard
  • Memory
  • Monitor
  • Keyboard / mice
  • Misc: 1x 500ml thermal flask

On May 30th, from 8PM until 12AM we have an Overclockers Gathering with drinks and food provided by ASUS, Thermal Grizzly and HWBOT. All overclockers are welcome, you just need to provide your HWBOT handle. We'll post the event page here soon too.

That's all for now, more information to follow!

To subscribe, check out the Eventbrite page: http://www.eventbrite.com/e/hwbot-world-tour-2016-taitra-computex-taipei-tickets-19924639132

attachment.php?attachmentid=4197&stc=1&d=1461839452

Edited by Massman

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Couple of things. Can you provide flasks, hairdryers and/or map gas? I can happily byo torch head happily enough.

It's my first time, so just want to be sure what I'll need.

Any overclocking gear you need, bring it along. For map gas we need to check with the Computex staff if this is allowed on the premise.

We ordered about 30 HWBOT flasks to be used at the event, but feel free to bring more if you need additional ones.

monitors? Also for freestylers ?

Freestylers are in the same area like the competitors. There is a PSU for each participant and we're trying to arrange the monitors as well.

oh... i take it i cant qualify a 2nd time for finals in Germany but i can try for cash and hardware prizes or am i out ?

You can participate in each World Tour event to try and win it. If you win at Computex, the ticket for Germany goes to the runner-up.

Okay... :)

If I qualify let's say on first day for the 4th day, can I still participate in other days for grabbing $ prizes? :)

Yes.

The cash prizes are for the qualifier stages. If you qualified on Day 1 and win again on Day 3, the 1-vs-1 for Day 3 will be between #2 and #3 of that day.

Yes, a board is available for each seat. Whether you join the qualifier or not is up to you to decide.

Monitors ... working on it. Worst case scenario: we have ~12 in office at the moment, all we can bring to Computex. For those who will join the event, get your ticket ASAP so we can budget and plan for getting all the monitors :)

Yes, a board is available for each seat. Whether you join the qualifier or not is up to you to decide.

Monitors ... working on it. Worst case scenario: we have ~12 in office at the moment, all we can bring to Computex. For those who will join the event, get your ticket ASAP so we can budget and plan for getting all the monitors :)

Sweet. Going by my packlist of shit, can you also please provide: SSDs (multiple please), Keyboard, Mouse, Beer fridge stocked with beer (and other drinks), MAP Gas and blowtorch head, LN2 Pots, tweaks, oh and any high end GPUs that are also spare. THANKS MASSMAN!

• 99% certain SSDs will be provided as well :).
  • Keyboard / mouse: working on it.
  • Beer - no beer at the venue!
  • Blowtorch head: bring it yourself, Map gas: can be bought in Taipei
  • LN2 pots: you might want to check with @k\|ngp\|n
  • GPUs: none planned

:)

Looks like Computex is the top spot this year since most of the gear is being provided. Not sure about the other stops but being responsible for some of that stuff was pretty cumbersome at Montreal. Ideally all stops could be handled like this in the future.

Regardless, good luck to all competing, excited to check out some of the action on the stream!