HWBOT Community Forums

HWBOT Announces Rules and Structure of World Series Asia Contest at Computex 2016

Massman

Yep, all is provides too. Basically freestyle = World Series rules, just not participating in the qualifier and free to run whatever benchmark.

Note: we have a surprise competition coming up for those who want to really pit the new Zadak kits to the max :)

1) Please correct me if my understanding of the World Series rule was mistaken down here.

To join the World Series QUALIFIER, we:

- MUST use CPU Provided by HWBOT (Next-Gen Intel Extreme Series?)

- CAN use motherboard provided by HWBOT, or

- CAN use our OWN motherboard as long as it is retail + using retail BIOS

- MUST bring our own 2D VGA

What about Memory, SSD+OS and PSU for the Qualifier, are we allowed to bring our own for these ?Or We MUST use HWBOT-provided Memory, SSD+ OS and PSU as well?

2) On the World Series 1v1 face-off at the end of the day, I assume we MUST use every component provided by HWBOT, correct? ( All of it - CPU, M/b, RAM, VGA, SSD, etc. )

I only have european torch head. I bought an adapter, which I got yesterday but it was unfortunately for using with us/asian standard torch head and eu gas, not the other way around.

So... Anyone have a spare torch head or knows where to buy one in Taipei?