HWBOT Community Forums

The official HWBOT Country Cup 2010 - stage 3: 3DMark03 thread.

1Day

• 2 weeks later...

Multi was set for turbo from bios. Not many tweaks used just good chip I guess. Also if you use 2150 Mhz works better than 2151-2199. Only 2000,2050,2100,2200 Mhz core works good and anything else does not. Not to forget when you use i7 2600 you get higher multies for turbo :D

Edited by saleen

Congrats winners! Tell me please, how work 37 multiplayer with 4 cores? I can only 35 with 4 cores

It's the Turbo Boost... with little or no load, the Mobo was changing the multi as it pleased... I started SuperPI to make the CPU up it's MHz, but couldn't get a shot @3752, to show the benching freq., so I left it at 3966.... and that's why I entered 3966... it doesn't matter for the result itself...

Well... my result has been removed. Can I know why this is so? If you do not believe to the screen shot - I can supply more, with similar results (although a bit lower - of course I have submitted only my best run). If you need verification of consistency - I can bench again and I will probably achieve very close performance in every test. I really feel this is not fair and if you punish me for a bug in the 3DMark03 - why didn't you punish the Russian team (whose work I really admire and, in fact, I am glad they got the first place which they deffinitely deserved) in Stage 2?!

OMG, that is so unfair now - if we don't believe screenshots, what then?! There is no rule about using bugs, as far as I see, and the Russians in Stage 2 did the exact same thing. After all it's also too late for adding that rule. Plus, knowing bugs is also knowledge of a kind. The guys from Romania just can't take it, but why should everybody conform with them?! They act as if they couldn't be loosing to us!