HWBOT Community Forums

GTX580 Matrix -POWERCARD

nachtfalke

today i made a very powerfull Powercard from a dead gtx 580 MATRIX!

- add +5.0 vcc to pwm supply

- add +3.3v to enable pwm ,chip and power state indicator input for load!

- add +3.3v to power iROG microcontroller with I2C/SMBus that will allow you to increse vgpu on the fly +250mv from the touch ( +/-) ( depends what firmware are written )

- add +3.3v to power leds from platform stand-by

next days i will made directly VID mod to 1.4v

20160611_100809lsytm.jpg

20160611_1255579ty51.jpg

20160611_142413h8a2c.jpg

20160611_142850gnxu0.jpg

20160611_14285110yxw.jpg

20160611_1438138mxik.jpg

20160611_143857h3aum.jpg

Edited by nachtfalke

• 1 month later...
Awesome!

Would you be willing to give us the pin numbers of each IC or solder point that you applied your LOD voltages to?

sure:)

pin 48 = +5VCC ( add +5vcc LDO to generate power supply for pwm)

pin 51 = EN -enable chip ( detect whether MOSFET driver power supply is ready)

pin 52 = VTT - enable input of the controller(this pin monitoring if any 12v voltage are presence in the pci-e slot to activated the chip)

pin 62 = PSI ( power state indicator input for load ) here should be always 3.3v to enable ALL power phase , if 3.3v missing will be activated ONLY one phase.

pin 46= SDA ( data for I2C interface)

pin 47 = SCL ( clock for I2C interface)

also in the right pcb corner you had some measured points , be sure were 3.3V ( this voltage was directly from pci-e slot ) point are should be alwasys 3.3v presence to enable iROG controller ...enjoy!!

Edited by nachtfalke

sure:)

pin 48 = +5VCC ( add +5vcc LDO to generate power supply for pwm)

pin 51 = EN (enable chip ) add +3.3v LDO ( this pin monitoring if any 12v voltage are presence in the pci-e slot to activated the chip)

pin 62 = PSI ( power state indicator input for load ) here should be always 3.3v to enable ALL power phase , if 3.3v missing will be activated ONLY one phase.

pin 46= SDA ( data for I2C interface)

pin 47 = SCL ( clock for I2C interface)

also in the right pcb corner you had some measured points , be sure were 3.3V ( this voltage was directly from pci-e slot ) point are should be alwasys 3.3v presence to enable iROG controller ...enjoy!!

Thank you so much, this is very helpful!

Quick question, looking on my board and comparing to yours it looks like your chip enable is soldered to pin 52 (your red wire). On my board pin 51 is NC. Can you please confirm.

With 3.3 soldered via the PCIe connector I cannot get my board to start which is troubling. The core on my card is shorted (0.1ohm) so hopefully this will be resolved when I cut the card.

pin 51 IT IS conected from pwm , but his trace are underneath corespondent on the pcb back side , if you don´t find it i make for you a pic :) without EN pin pulled hight ( highter than 1.1v) you can´t enable the pwm:D

pin 52 are VTT witch i foget to say today morning( europe) should be pulled hight(highter than 0.85v enable the controller ) aswell to enable pwm!

cut the card like i did , is a bit dificult but you can for sure, i help you to make the gDDR vrm functionally aswell , when you are ready i give you advices for gDDR

remember use 3.3v LDO that can generate at least 1.5 A , on the card are many led´s , specially on the iRog controller , i recomanded to use LM317 or LM1085

Edited by nachtfalke

I cut my card and its still shorted. I am running this card from a bench top power supply, its more than adequate to handle this power load. The 3v3 line is drawing about 65mA, which seems correct. I think everything is working but the core is shorted so its not powering it up.

I applied the voltages are follows:

pin 48 = 5V (+5VCC)

pin 51 = 3.3v (EN -enable chip)

pin 52 = 3.3v (VTT - enable input of the controller)

pin 62 = 3.3v (PSI)

I cut the card just like yours and files the edges really smooth so there is no short in the power planes.

IMG_20160721_095152.jpg~original

IMG_20160721_094955.jpg~original

IMG_20160721_094858.jpg~original

I cut my card and its still shorted. I am running this card from a bench top power supply, its more than adequate to handle this power load. The 3v3 line is drawing about 65mA, which seems correct. I think everything is working but the core is shorted so its not powering it up.

I applied the voltages are follows:

pin 48 = 5V (+5VCC)

pin 51 = 3.3v (EN -enable chip)

pin 52 = 3.3v (VTT - enable input of the controller)

pin 62 = 3.3v (PSI)

I cut the card just like yours and files the edges really smooth so there is no short in the power planes.

IMG_20160721_095152.jpg~original

IMG_20160721_094955.jpg~original

IMG_20160721_094858.jpg~original

Is that the 580 I sold you? :D :D :D

i sugest you to make VID mod with 2 polig dip-switch , it is very useful besides you will don´t have problem with OVP trigger anymore!

so you will play from switches with these "default" voltages from the VID and with iRog chip soft and nice up the voltages from touches :)

Edited by nachtfalke

• 4 months later...

The GPU PWM is up and working but it seems only one phase is active. The memory controller is up and working with +12 hard wired directly to the controller.

The core voltage is good, but it goes to 0v with any load applied. I know that the PSI pin is active high (3v3) but still there is a problem which I cannot figure out. You may notice I am using 6-pin connectors for testing, this wont change anything because I have the empty contacts wired to ground.

IMG_20161201_110624849.jpg~original

Edited by mllrkllr88