HWBOT Community Forums

6700k + MSI Gaming M7 + cryorig universal

• Administrators

You can oc with multiplier at 6700k, if you have decent cooling you can go for 45x and set vcore to around 1,3v, then do some stability tests with prime, Linx or xtu for the start if you can enter windows at these settings. If it works, lower vcore and try again until you found lowest possible vcore stable. I guess this would be a good start, no need to mess with memory settings at first for example

You can oc with multiplier at 6700k, if you have decent cooling you can go for 45x and set vcore to around 1,3v, then do some stability tests with prime, Linx or xtu for the start if you can enter windows at these settings. If it works, lower vcore and try again until you found lowest possible vcore stable. I guess this would be a good start, no need to mess with memory settings at first for example

thanks mate ill give them a go tonight at those settings, take a look in GPU overclocking , i have a post in there mate regarding overclocking my gpu, if you could help would be great, kind of new to this and dont wanna mess anything up lol

I've set my core voltage to 1.275 with a multiplier of 45 ... Getting a good stable overclock At 4.5ghz ... Been running prime 95 for a few hours now and temps sitting Nicely at 61 degrees and passing tests fine , going to leave this on for a good while .. Really happy with the temps ... What have people got out of the 6700k ?? I have a cryorig r1 universal so it's doing a really good job at keeping it low !!!