HWBOT Community Forums

History of 780Ti Lightning MOA cards?

Guest k.pisti

Guest k.pisti

Hi all!

Yeah, so basically, how many times were these cards used on competitions, how many were made in total? What I heard is there were 200 made, at least 50 dead, and used on MOA 2014 and I remember I even asked Trouffman earlier this year on an "I forgot which" live stream, prolly MOA 2016, where they were used again with some silly little TFII/Gaming coolers??

Where did all the samples left alive go to? Is it allowed to sell/buy these cards and if yes, anyone knows where/how I could get hold of one working (could buy 2 dead, too high risk to try and repair those)?

Any info is welcome, chime in everybody. :)

Edited by k.pisti

Hi all!

Yeah, so basically, how many times were these cards used on competitions, how many were made in total? What I heard is there were 200 made, at least 50 dead, and used on MOA 2014 and I remember I even asked Trouffman earlier this year on an "I forgot which" live stream, prolly MOA 2016, where they were used again with some silly little TFII coolers??

Where did all the samples left alive go to? Is it allowed to sell/buy these cards and if yes, anyone knows where/how I could get hold of one working (could buy 2 dead, too high risk to try and repair those)?

Any info is welcome, chime in everybody. :)

20+ for the last MOA live final held in Taipei (October 2014?), 10+ used for HOT finals in December, 2015. The first batch did not include an air cooler, the HOT final cards had a generic, but servicable air cooler included.

What is so special about these cards :D ? You should ask Xtreme Addict about his experience with it,he will write you down a Potato Story like never told before :D

DrWeez's card from HOT finals did 1800+ core on <1.4V (we were limited by the PSU) I would say that is pretty special :D

Guest k.pisti

Thanks all for the infos!

Nedelcu: Just what Gunny said+I simply am in love with the design. Enormous PCB, many phases, it is the tallest card I know... I love MSI cards in general and big ones for sure. 480 Lightning, 580 Classified and Lightning, etc. All Lightnings and Classifieds from the nv side.

If I could get one, it would be a decent daily alternative+ later on would get proper LN2 treatment for sure.