HWBOT Community Forums

Chilled water cooling / water cooling (custom)

Vellinious

My bad. I didn't know we were talking GPU's. Temp tab on GPUz is not a screenshot requirement. Somebody did you a favor.

Tell me then, without a pic, how would you know if a CPU was chilled or not?

My point being, you still cannot prove temp at HWB, therefore one cannot dispute a sub because of temp of water. The chilled water classification is a farce. It is based on trusting the submittor, and we all know how that goes here. :rolleyes:

Edited by Mr.Scott
  • Thanks 1

My bad. I didn't know we were talking GPU's. Temp tab on GPUz is not a screenshot requirement. Somebody did you a favor.

Tell me then, without a pic, how would you know if a CPU was chilled or not?

My point being, you still cannot prove temp at HWB, therefore one cannot dispute a sub because of temp of water. The chilled water classification is a farce. It is based on trusting the submittor, and we all know how that goes here. :rolleyes:

There are a lot of those submissions, actually. A 980ti running at above 1700 on the core is a pretty good indicator that they're running sub-ambient. If you know what the hardware is capable of, it's not hard to spot.

There are a lot of those submissions, actually. A 980ti running at above 1700 on the core is a pretty good indicator that they're running sub-ambient. If you know what the hardware is capable of, it's not hard to spot.

I agree, it's not hard to spot, but impossible to prove without a doubt, enough to take action against. THAT, has always been a problem here. :)

Yes, it's because the category is new.

Back when I benched mine (980, non-Ti) on chilled water, there was only H2O category: I.nfraR.ed`s 3DMark11 - Performance score: 21864 marks with a GeForce GTX 980

But it is clear this core clock is not possible with normal room temperatures.

@Mr\.Scott is right though - it's up to the submitter to enter all details, so we rely solely on his honesty.