HWBOT Community Forums

EVGA GT710

mllrkllr88

Hey guys,

EDIT: SOLVED, SEE BELOW for updated pics and info

I am doing a little voltmod on this EVGA GT710 2GB card and I cant figure out the memory IC. The core was really easy since the datasheet for RT8120 is published online, though I still need to figure out OCP for this part. I think the memory PWM part is an IC labeled BDB, 550, 517 and im not having any luck finding info about this part. I couldn't find any examples of others doing mods on this card, any advise?

IMG_20160727_090154_2.jpg~original

IMG_20160727_090208_2.jpg~original

Edited by mllrkllr88

Here are some pictures as it stands now, still have more mods to do but its time for testing.

IMG_20160727_112430.jpg~original

IMG_20160727_110858.jpg~original

IMG_20160727_110908.jpg~original

IMG_20160727_110942.jpg~original

I have the evga 1gb, vcore was easy like you said, was pretty happy I could figure that out, 2 years ago I would have no clue. But the mem mod is a bit tougher. I'm hoping mine is similar to yours. But I cant see your pics.

Now I can see the pics, thanks so much, it looks like mine has same mem layout. Can you please tell me the resistance of the mem mod point, thanks sorry.

Edited by Strong Island

Can you please tell me the resistance of the mem mod point, thanks sorry.

Good to hear since I have a 1GB version in the mail!

As for the memory pot, I used a 50K but its right in the point of needing a larger one. Since I have a disable switch I can go close to the border line. If you don't have a disable and you choose a 50K, you will definitely slightly increase your stock memory voltage even with the pot fully backed off (most people are ok with this but I like being able to run stock). Stock resistance was 2.528k for me, hope it goes well!

EDIT: Vcore was a 20k pot for anyone who cares (0.890k stock resistance)

Edited by mllrkllr88