HWBOT Community Forums

TITAN X Vcore mod

buildzoid

I think everyone here knows how to deal with Nvidia power limits so I won't bother with them.

DISCLAIMER: this mod will void your warranty and I am not be held accountable if your card doesn't work after performing it

I recently found the uPi 9511 datasheet and that allows me to do this:

2Oa9y9O.png

Thanks to techpowerup for the image: https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/NVIDIA/Titan_X_Pascal/4.html

BTW I only going of photos and do not have a TITAN X on hand to test if this works properly. Based on the datasheet and my vmod experience it should.

If there's ANY doubt in your mind, please ask for this to be deleted.

Posting up voltmods that you've not used yourself is bunnying special. Especially for an £1100 GPU.

This is exactly what I would do if I had a card with the uPi 9511. I wouldn't post it if I wasn't sure enough to do it myself.

• Administrators

Honest question, was this ever tested, did someone ever had a card in his hands and checked this so it is sure this works or is this a wild guess? No need to argue here, but there is a difference in how things could probably work in theory and what can happen if you really do something. In theory a nuclear power plant could not have blown up in 1 million years and now we see....

Honest question, was this ever tested, did someone ever had a card in his hands and checked this so it is sure this works or is this a wild guess? No need to argue here, but there is a difference in how things could probably work in theory and what can happen if you really do something. In theory a nuclear power plant could not have blown up in 1 million years and now we see....

Never been tested by me however Der8auer asked earlier today about the mod so he might confirm it some time soon. I'm considering getting a 1060 that has the same controller to check for myself that it works. I didn't specify a resistance specifically because I don't have a TITAN X on hand to check what the exact value should be and even after I get the 1060 I can't specify because MSI might have used different value resistors on their 1060.

• 2 weeks later...