HWBOT Community Forums

Question about general things

rbuass

Hello Overclockers.

Some time ago, I decided to don't care about rankings, since the rules not follow the things I think is basic, and fair.

So we keep overclocking here in my country, and even we encourage people to join Hwbot, push scores and so on... but personally, I don't mind about rankings (what imho is different than "to brake records").

I even don't want you change the rules, because I am no more involved, since my opinion never was considered, so, is just a tip.

So, regardless all, I love Overclocking... I like the League, and respect you guys, even some don't like my way of view.

Then will leave my 2 cents, than you can think and discuss if you want.

CPU ES is the most unfair thing... even not allowed in competition, but allowed in Hwbot. So, how about Titan Pascal, that nobody can buy in any place (not talking in Brazil is impossible, but you cannot find in Amazon, Newegg, Big and Tiny stores), killing all scores made under effort by competitors?

What about to allow some part, after available for all?

The other things like "amazing 6320 XTU 742 points", the power of 100 points in 4 way, competition points, power to very old benchs, no power to 3D Games, DX12 and so on... are just a few things I disagree, but I can't change.

For the last, I am just posting, because regardless I have very few participation in the League, I have too many friends, that ALWAYS question "WHY", for the things like this.

You don't need to hate me, because I have posted... because you are part of this or think different, because I just give up and will not insist.

Best wishes for all, and sorry if my english is not good enough to clear my thinking.

So to sum up the points:

1. ES CPUs are unfair and should be banned

2. Ban Titan X Pascal because it's not available in Brazil

3. Lower points for useless results such as 742 XTU dual core and increase points for 3D

My opinion:

1. Latest gen ES are only allowed for Elite guys so it's fine to me

2. You can easily get the card here in Germany at Nvidia.de. However, I agree that it's absolute BS what Nvidia has been doing lately. Their sales and OC policy is absolute garbage

3. This will be changed with the upcoming revision 7

So to sum up the points:

3. Lower points for useless results such as 742 XTU dual core and increase points for 3D

My opinion:

2. You can easily get the card here in Germany at Nvidia.de. However, I agree that it's absolute BS what Nvidia has been doing lately. Their sales and OC policy is absolute garbage

I don't know why involves Brazil...nothing in the topic is about Brazil.

Pascal not available in Newegg, Amazon, Microcenter... and sure, in Brazil, and I never see to sell in any place.

If the Germany's people can find, is really a nice thing for the country... it proves they (NV.de) care to have the last for customers there.

Even in Nvidia event in Santa Clara, yesterday, Nvidia not talk about Titan Pascal...

About ES CPU and Elite, is Hwbot decision.

I only used that example, because is for me pretty similar case... is component "just for few".

Personally I don't know what kind of relationship under Elite and CPU ES... Why someone in Elite League have more acess to ES... I don't know about this

And for the last mate, this is not my points.

Regardless is my ponint of view, I bring some usual answers in our groups.

For me, it is all right.

Keep your great job for community Roman.

So to sum up the points:

My opinion:

/thread?

TitanX is only available from nvidia world wide. No online store has it outside systems and only then within very high end offerings.

Just buy one from nvidia direct in your region. Ofcourse you can get if you pay full whack. But as u don't care about ranking etc why even start the thread in the first place. Surely ES and Titan X Pascal is only for rankings?? You can have fun. With any rag tag junk hardware.

Reading between the lines u mean u can't get these CPU or GPU for free so no one should be able to use them as u have to buy at full retail..

Full blown ret@rded thread.

Edited by 8 Pack

I don't know why involves Brazil...nothing in the topic is about Brazil.

Pascal not available in Newegg, Amazon, Microcenter... and sure, in Brazil, and I never see to sell in any place.

If the Germany's people can find, is really a nice thing for the country... it proves they (NV.de) care to have the last for customers there.

Even in Nvidia event in Santa Clara, yesterday, Nvidia not talk about Titan Pascal...

About ES CPU and Elite, is Hwbot decision.

I only used that example, because is for me pretty similar case... is component "just for few".

Personally I don't know what kind of relationship under Elite and CPU ES... Why someone in Elite League have more acess to ES... I don't know about this

And for the last mate, this is not my points.

Regardless is my ponint of view, I bring some usual answers in our groups.

For me, it is all right.

Keep your great job for community Roman.

maybe I misunderstood your sentence that it's impossible to get in Brazil - anway doesn't matter. In the end nvidia is just going full ret ard at the moment with their policy. Personally I wouldn't even be mad if we would ban the card from hwbot :D

At the moment it seems that ES is getting less and less. I really don't see much ES stuff floating around.

maybe I misunderstood your sentence that it's impossible to get in Brazil - anway doesn't matter. In the end nvidia is just going full ret ard at the moment with their policy. Personally I wouldn't even be mad if we would ban the card from hwbot :D

At the moment it seems that ES is getting less and less. I really don't see much ES stuff floating around.

"You never go full re tard" haha.

Titan X is a little crazy.

it was crazy to see such awesome battles with fully pushed ln2 cards beaten so easily with stock/water cooling. I mean so much time and effort was put into a lot of those scores and they were so easily beaten.

I understand this is the oc world but there was something a little weird about it to me. It just didnt sit right.

Like when XA, Dancop and others were battling for gpupi with really nice pushed cards and then boom, beaten so easily. it was weird. Deflated my enthusiasm a bit. realizing such hard work can be beaten so effortlessly.

edit-

Wow that was the first time that's ever happened to me, I typed in re tard and it comes out as specialbunny.

Also a couple of your points are being addressed.

There is an oc esports comp right now for 3d games. Also the new revision is supposed to reduce effect of 742 and boost 3d points/sli points. So it sounds like someone is listening and trying.

Edited by Strong Island

But that's the point of the next-gen part :) Maybe it feels worse this time around because the last few series of cards have been incremental.

G80 spanked G71

G92 equalled or beat G92 with much lower costs

GT200 spanked G92

Fermi spanked GT200

I don't know so much about ATI/AMD.... HD2 was horrible, HD3 was much better, HD4 was great, AMD 5-series was glorious.

I don't see a problem.

The original TITAN crushed everything and needed E-power to not blow up then the 780Ti came and wrecked it. Same happened with TITAN X same will happen with TITAN XP. That's just how the GPU high scores work. WRs have always been a money black hole with TITAN XP the money black hole got 20% hungrier but other than that nothing changed. Once people figure out LN2 on the TITAN XP we will see fights between TITAN XPs instead of 1080s. I still don't see much of a difference.

I don't see a problem.

The original TITAN crushed everything and needed E-power to not blow up then the 780Ti came and wrecked it. Same happened with TITAN X same will happen with TITAN XP. That's just how the GPU high scores work. WRs have always been a money black hole with TITAN XP the money black hole got 20% hungrier but other than that nothing changed. Once people figure out LN2 on the TITAN XP we will see fights between TITAN XPs instead of 1080s. I still don't see much of a difference.

Considering that hwbot league is a competition and users are targeted between elite, extreme, apprentice, enthusiast, novice and rookie, sounds really unfair that extremely fierce competitions that set many WR can be taken down by h20 with small amount of overclock on gpu.

The solution: submissions made with very new hardware should not be given points for at least a month or two, simple because almost no overclocker can have access to it, and this kind of removes the "shine" of the competition.

The highly disputed world record was taken by someone that made no effort to have that amount of bench points.

Does it looks fair for someone here? I don't think so, unless you're a very selfish guy.

Considering that hwbot league is a competition and users are targeted between elite, extreme, apprentice, enthusiast, novice and rookie, sounds really unfair that extremely fierce competitions that set many WR can be taken down by h20 with small amount of overclock on gpu.

The solution: submissions made with very new hardware should not be given points for at least a month or two, simple because almost no overclocker can have access to it, and this kind of removes the "shine" of the competition.

The highly disputed world record was taken by someone that made no effort to have that amount of bench points.

Does it looks fair for someone here? I don't think so, unless you're a very selfish guy.

I don't see a problem because every time H2O guys get WRs they get dethroned pretty quick and they have no chance of having a WR until the next piece of new overpriced hardware comes out. I see problems with things like 5960Xs and 6950Xs carrying relatively crap GPU OCs to really high scores. But when someone goes and pays 1200$ so that they can have a WR for the 1/2 months it takes LN2 guys to figure out the GPU I really don't care because it's a short term problem that happens every year every time new hardware releases.

I don't like the current point system but IMO H2O on TITAN XPs getting WRs is a minor issue compared to the ridiculous BS that happens to midrange GPUs users when someone decides to go seal clubbing 3DM score with a 5960X or 6950X and a midrange GPU.

I don't think so, unless you're a very selfish guy.

OC and benching is, first and foremost, a selfish activity.

What score will *I* get?

What rankings will *I* get after *I* run these benchmarks?

Can *I* beat the score from the other guy?

How much fun am *I* having?

If a brand new part doesn't perform a lot better than the part its replacing, THEN there's a problem. Given how much it costs, I think Titan XP is barely good enough :P

• 6 months later...

not for nothing

these are overclocking leagues right?

pretty much it is the cooling defining them

so how come there is no temps for the gpu/and or cpu?

obviously you only need them in the lower 3 league ...core temp msi ab/gpuz we have plenty of them that work well.

or is it you want someone with a chiller to take over as if he was so special (like that bs contest a few years back)so if you beginner guys are so good to be at the top of your league just show the temp even if not mandatory.

unless 0c and under are ok for these leagues?

if you think your score will be slower its ok if everybody has to do it

just saying, its only air/water it cant be too hard to do right?

*DONT MEAN THE GUYS WITH THE RIGS OUTSIDE WITH A PICTURE`

that's being honest you cant knock that

Edited by cowgut

This is just a competition problem imo, for the rankings that ist irrelevant, you don't get mor points for a score if you submit it with H2O as cooling, instead of phase or chiller. I also used to use radiator in ice in "ambient" competitions, because there was no way of getting to the top without it, temp restrictions would be great, but I think people would just let the system warm up to take screeenshot...

Edited by TAGG

• 4 weeks later...
Guest cowgut
This is just a competition problem imo, for the rankings that ist irrelevant, you don't get mor points for a score if you submit it with H2O as cooling, instead of phase or chiller. I also used to use radiator in ice in "ambient" competitions, because there was no way of getting to the top without it, temp restrictions would be great, but I think people would just let the system warm up to take screeenshot...

no it has our leagues in order by cooling so it means something to somebody or why have them?

only the top and rookie league is not defined by cooling.

I agree its hard to disprove but why cooling leagues then if they can not even enforce it?

not really hung up about it I just always wondered

This is a problem just for enthusiast league where you get a few guys benching with chillers,water plus ice,outside at -20 etc.

If it was up to me,for this league only i would allow any cooling as long as you don't go under 0 degrees in idle.

It shouldn't be difficult to integrate a temperature monitoring (in a wrapper like for uningine or aquamark) for the whole duration of the benchmark (xtu).

This will solve many problems,and no,living in Alaska and benching with the rig outside at -40 degrees it's not the same as living in Cyprus and having an ambient over 5 degrees no matter what day ,hour or season :) (or +50 ) .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro