HWBOT Community Forums

ASUS Strix RX460 XOC

elmor

WARNING: The GPU fan is not working with this BIOS. Temperature readout is also not working. It's easy to fry your GPU if not taking care when using it. Flash at your own risk.

• GPU Voltage up to 1.6V in GPUTweakII
  • "Cold slow" problem solved
  • Always using 3D clocks
  • Always using PCIE 3.0
  • TDC = 75A, TDP = 72W (highest possible from BIOS side)

Hopefully there will be a solution to get higher TDP limits soon.

update:

TPD limit solved by The Stilt, run RX460_XOC.exe on your system to apply below changes.

• "Cold slow" problem solved
  • Always using 3D clocks
  • Always using PCIE 3.0
  • TDC = 500A, TDP = 1000W

Note that this also kills the fan on your card, so once again, use with caution! You also don't get the increased voltage limits with this so ideally use both BIOS and The Stilt's fix. If you have problems with it reporting no adapters found you need to clean out any lingering driver entries by DDU: Official Display Driver Uninstaller DDU Download

Edited by elmor

• Crew

Question about XOCing this card

I have 3 pots here - A fat, a slim and a stubby, but the mounting on them doesn't fit the RX 460 STRIX :(

How have you all mounted them and it's like the copper from the block is actually covering the holes...is there a method that I'm oblivious to here?

Question about XOCing this card

I have 3 pots here - A fat, a slim and a stubby, but the mounting on them doesn't fit the RX 460 STRIX :(

How have you all mounted them and it's like the copper from the block is actually covering the holes...is there a method that I'm oblivious to here?

I havent mounted my card yet, but I had to use a clamp for my gt 710. Sometimes you can take off mounting hardware and build a platform on the mobo and then actually place the pot against gpu, so it pushes a little and try and reinforce behind gpu, not great for mobo slot though. it's worked for me before. Maybe zip ties to tighten a bit.

Did you try the g92 mounting holes, gotta look at my card when get home, havent taken out of box yet.

• Crew
I havent mounted my card yet, but I had to use a clamp for my gt 710. Sometimes you can take off mounting hardware and build a platform on the mobo and then actually place the pot against gpu, so it pushes a little and try and reinforce behind gpu, not great for mobo slot though. it's worked for me before. Maybe zip ties to tighten a bit.

Did you try the g92 mounting holes, gotta look at my card when get home, havent taken out of box yet.

Thanks mate

Pot only came with 1 bracket, so guess I'm screwed on that front! I have made a fix though, so hopefully it will work :D

Thanks mate

Pot only came with 1 bracket, so guess I'm screwed on that front! I have made a fix though, so hopefully it will work :D

well I mean the brkt has different holes that you can change the screws to, so that you make it smaller. I totally forgot it came with another brkt.

Edited by Strong Island