HWBOT Community Forums

Z170 Asrock OCFM & Gigabyte LN2 unbiased efficiency Legacy Test

Guest Bullant

Hi,

Thought I efficiency test some Legacy on both Asrock OCFM and Gigabyte LN2 board,legacy benchmark test will consist AM3,01,03,05,06.Will run each benchmark number of times,is my first time really testing any Gigabyte board on legacy so I still need to test couple things in bios.Will update other legacy test as I do them.

Asrock OCFM

Gigabyte LN2

6700k @5Ghz

GTX580 @ 898-2384

DDR4 @4000 cl12-12-12

AM3 W8.1, 64, basic OS tweaks and both boards I ran 15x to determine best runs, boards running same settings apart from the Gigga LN2 board is running tighter RTLs that could be the little boost in score

snaphsot0008.png

snaphsot0007.png

Z170 OCF 49-50-6-6 rtls GTX 980ti

ocfx2.png

Z170 Gigga 48-49-6-6 rtls GTX 980ti

1x12dd0f.png

Z170 Gigga 49-50-6-6 rtls GTX 980ti

1x11.png

Edited by Bullant

• Members

AM3 W8.1, 64, basic OS tweaks and both boards I ran 15x to determine best runs, boards running same settings apart from the Gigga LN2 board is running tighter RTLs that could be the little boost in score

Sounds like a great idea to me, but why not have exact settings for a more direct comparison?

Guest Bullant
Sounds like a great idea to me, but why not have exact settings for a more direct comparison?

I can run the ln2 board @ same 49-50 rtls,tho I thought the strength of the LN2 board is its RTLs,What I mean via that is @4000 ln2 board can run 48-49,OCFM @ 4000 is only 49-50,tho im happy to run the ln2 board @ 49-50 as well for better comparison

Just to note cpu was on SS -25 and memory was hot 32c,both boards can go lot more mem freq tho I wanted to cap it (40x mem multi)

Edited by Bullant

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Bullant

Yes true will make difference for sure ,its not my board and was first time testing GPU on it, when I try again ill confirm 16x is working before I run others

Yep it works fine now 16x,problem was i had the usb3 card in one of the other slots that made the gpu run 8x,will run all again

Edited by Bullant

Guest Bullant

Updated some runs with 3D 01 both using GTX 980ti,OCF 49-50-6-6 Gigga 48-49-6-6 and-49-50-6-6 rtls

lol just realized the OCF on diff mem,should of ran the both at 50x ahah,just running OCF now at 3900Mhz mem

Fixed.....

Edited by Bullant

• 2 months later...
Guest Bullant

Finally got this apex board couple days ago,thank you newegg shipping to au :)Gave it quick eff test with most of the same as the other boards gtx 580,setting,subs and stuff, nice little boost

2f0bthv.jpg

Finally got this apex board couple days ago,thank you newegg shipping to au :)Gave it quick eff test with most of the same as the other boards gtx 580,setting,subs and stuff, nice little boost

2f0bthv.jpg

I dont know how this score compared to previous board you test, because screenshot missing. And did you try 48-49 6-6 or 48-49 5-5 on Apex? I didnt test that rtl/iol yet :)

Guest Bullant
I dont know how this score compared to previous board you test, because screenshot missing. And did you try 48-49 6-6 or 48-49 5-5 on Apex? I didnt test that rtl/iol yet :)

Yeah I notice screens gone,dont know how that happen,anyway ocfm 474k,Gigga ln2 477k and apex 488k with gtx 580.I need to spend little more time to see if I can run 48-49 @4000 rtls,my mem are also nothing great,I need to get a new kit soon.

Edited by Bullant

Yeah I notice screens gone,dont know how that happen,anyway ocfm 474k,Gigga ln2 477k and apex 488k with gtx 580.I need to spend little more time to see if I can run 48-49 @4000 rtls,my mem are also nothing great,I need to get a new kit soon.

Are you sure the gains don't have something to do with the switch to i7 7700k from 6700k ?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Bullant

was having little play with the Gigabyte Z270N Gaming 5 board 5Ghz/4.8 :) 1x16... Board is quite nice to use,trains really quite well

snaphsot00022.png

5Ghz /4.5

snaphsot00032.png

5Ghz/4.5

snaphsot00042.png

2h7jvq8.jpg

Edited by Bullant

was having little play with the Gigabyte Z270N Gaming 5 board 5Ghz/4.8 :) 1x16... Board is quite nice to use,trains really quite well

snaphsot00022.png

5Ghz /4.5

snaphsot00032.png

5Ghz/4.5

snaphsot00042.png

2h7jvq8.jpg

looks good :)

can u share the XTU result on this boards and what about Z270X-LN2

is it the same as Z270n-G5 or better or not or .....

i dont know? i see some guys share ln2 ver photos on social

Guest Bullant
looks good :)

can u share the XTU result on this boards and what about Z270X-LN2

is it the same as Z270n-G5 or better or not or .....

i dont know? i see some guys share ln2 ver photos on social

Hey mate,

Yeah ill be able to test some xtu soon and post it up,this is the only Gigabyte board I have,I don't really know if there is a Z270 LN2 board coming

Guest Bullant

Ran some XTU on the board,I still need to look over the bios and test more for efficiency as ive not had time,board does train quite nice...cpu on little cold

4300Mhz 12-12-12-2t

snaphsot0016.png

4350Mhz 12-12-12-2t not quite xtu stable

snaphsot0017.png

Guest Bullant

Memory are getting some cold from the CPU,as the CPU is on little cold and being close to the memory.That being said these memory are not high bin,I say with better bin memory it be 100mhz more quite easy,will try Hynix next

Edited by Bullant

• Administrators

Try the profile and first let io and sa on auto, will be quite high. Then you can vary imc volts and see what gives you best stability at lowest values for example. Should work, the MOCF at 4K is quite easy to handle :)

P.S. 1,2 and 1,25v io and sa work my current chip, problem on air is it does not scale a lot higher, 4133 is not reliable because of this

Ran some XTU on the board,I still need to look over the bios and test more for efficiency as ive not had time,board does train quite nice...cpu on little cold

4300Mhz 12-12-12-2t

snaphsot0016.png

4350Mhz 12-12-12-2t not quite xtu stable

snaphsot0017.png

Extreme Awesome

tnx bro for this shots the mobo and your memory is very good

i must to have it :D

tnx again Mate! ;)

Edited by Game Theory