HWBOT Community Forums

Replace TEC with waterchiller

poparamiro

I think TEC / Peltier / Water (Chilled/Cold) cooling category must be renamed to waterchiller because very few use tec or peltier.

I bench on waterchiller and appear that i use TEC, wich is not accurate.

http://forum.hwbot.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=5022&stc=1&d=1480325227

Or better, make waterchiller separate cooling category (to display at cooling method of course).

Thanks

Ramiro

Edited by poparamiro

Ofcurse is not the same like radiator in bucket of ice , is not the same even you put that radiator in dryice , because radiator arhitecture is not the same like platte HX , so heat exchange will be weak on radiator@DICE , also you will NOT have the same bench autonomy...on chiller you bench 24 hours without problem!

people should understand how an phase waterchiller it works , i´m the builder of Ramiro unit , that unit is an monster ....here on hwbot don´t exist an phase chiller more powerfull than that unit!!!! :D

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

I have a couple recent submissions with TEC cooling. It is strictly TEC on top of cpu, not chilling a liquid with the TEC.

I choose water chilled category which is somewhat accurate, but not really at the same time. I run geothermal or a tap to drain liquid cooling. Im not decided if thats chilled or not but I submit using chilled category.

Can an admin help with proper category for geothermal and or TEC?

• Like 1