HWBOT Community Forums

6700k lower than i5 - XTU

LMRig

Yes, HT on.

Alan_Alberino: High CPU? But it's i7 vs i5, so this benchmark is really so stupid?

speed.fastest: I don't know what timings he had, there is no screenshot and in XTU HW is only 3866 frequency, which is the same as my RAM. Also 2x4GB...

Yes, HT on.

Alan_Alberino: High CPU? But it's i7 vs i5, so this benchmark is really so stupid?

speed.fastest: I don't know what timings he had, there is no screenshot and in XTU HW is only 3866 frequency, which is the same as my RAM. Also 2x4GB...

3866 C18 vs 3866 C12 is like +250 points in XTU... Try to lower frequency to the max, also a good OS helps a bit on XTU...

This guy mattfleg`s XTU score: 1669 marks with a Core i7 6700K

has higher RAM timings, the same frequency, lower CPU and Cache frequency and by 200 points higher score than me.

That's what I need to figure out.

I just found, that also wPrime score is worse than lower CPU freq., higher timings...

Any idea?

Edited by LMRig

One screenshot is in the first post, but without other tabs, here is full...

I don't have my G.Skill RAM because of RMA, but the score is the same with these Corsair......

https://i.gyazo.com/cbfb74ec4913a90b65e882fe988fcccb.png

Those timings aren't good, need to tight them more, and also 3000MHz is nothing for XTU, that could be the problem...

Try reducing tRFC to 240 and tFAW at least to 20, 33 is very high.

This guy mattfleg`s XTU score: 1669 marks with a Core i7 6700K

has higher RAM timings, the same frequency, lower CPU and Cache frequency and by 200 points higher score than me.

That's what I need to figure out.

I just found, that also wPrime score is worse than lower CPU freq., higher timings...

Any idea?

Hi buddy, don't be upset at me lol. its because the sub timings count for more than anything and i recently have had some help tightening them from TKnight and hes very good. and I'm hyperthreaded keep in mind...

i'm happy to share my settings for my corsair if it will help? vengeance led 3200 E-Die it is.

what IC's do you have?

Edited by mattfleg

Im not upset on you, only on XTU :-D .

But I have to thank you guys, especially Alan_Alberino.

These 2 timings raised score by 200 points - around 1630+ now.

Great, nice to know that you can improve your score, if you want post more details of your settings for 1630+ and we can help you with finetuning. Again both CPU-Z and some utility that shows all the timings, and mem voltage, vccio voltage, vccsa voltage, and vttddr voltage, to know if you can push them a bit more.

Post it here preferably for helping other people that read the thread later, or if its easier for you, add me on Facebook and I'll help you... https://www.facebook.com/alan.alberino.39

Edited by Alan_Alberino

https://i.gyazo.com/6238cf84ca80bdba4d4cac0c88d5a8c5.png

my GSkills -> RMA, waiting for them.

Atm I have only Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz.

Ref cycle time 244 is the lowest what I can boot with these voltages.

Mem. voltage: 1.5V

VCCIO: 1.25V

VCCSA: 1.25V

DDRVTT: Auto

Im not sure if these RAM can be pushed much more, they are just mainstream with Micron's chips.

Edited by LMRig

https://i.gyazo.com/6238cf84ca80bdba4d4cac0c88d5a8c5.png

my GSkills -> RMA, waiting for them.

Atm I have only Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz.

Ref cycle time 244 is the lowest what I can boot with these voltages.

Mem. voltage: 1.5V

VCCIO: 1.25V

VCCSA: 1.25V

DDRVTT: Auto

Im not sure if these RAM can be pushed much more, they are just mainstream with Micron's chips.

No idea about max voltage on micron chips on DDR4, never had any kit with micron... Better wait a bit for the G.Skill...