HWBOT Community Forums

Some UK Group Benching

• Crew

iJSE1Vi.jpg

Hey guys/gals

Me and a couple of the UK benchers will be benching Kaby Lake and socket 775 chips over the weekend of 20th-22nd of Jan.

Myself, ObscureParadox and Jumper118 (all from the UK) will be having one of the first UK based group sessions of this 2017 and hopefully will pave the way for even more.

The UK scene has been pretty slow for whatever reason, but I think it's good that benchers from different parts of the country can come together and bench as a group; chasing globals, having fun and getting drunk :D

Will be live streaming the event on Twitch.tv and would be awesome if the XOC community could maybe watch, get involved and help support our dwindling OC scene.

Here is a link to the event on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/events/1845945108985982/

We are even discussing the possibility of taking a car load to Poitiers and having some UK guys compete in the HWBot World Tour - Watch this space :D

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Gavbon,

I'm a novice when it comes to hardcore overclocking, I'm just playing around with TECS a bit at the minute.

Would I be able to bring some stuff up to have a go at benching dry ice if you do another meet?

I'm scared to try it on my own without someone who knows what they are doing showing me first.

Also does anyone know where I can get a pot?

All the sites that sell them always say they are out of stock plus they are abroad.

Thanks

Sure you both are very welcome to join in. As for pots check the classified section here or place a wanted add, they do occaisionaly come up on ebay so keep looking!

A very good way to get into subzero benching is with a phase unit, although these can be costly but some bargains can be had but still work out cheaper for time used when overclocking at subzero temps, a very good learning platform imo. Or of course come along to the next bench meet and try for yourselves, lots of info available so please do ask.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Crew
Hi Gavbon,

I'm a novice when it comes to hardcore overclocking, I'm just playing around with TECS a bit at the minute.

Would I be able to bring some stuff up to have a go at benching dry ice if you do another meet?

I'm scared to try it on my own without someone who knows what they are doing showing me first.

Also does anyone know where I can get a pot?

All the sites that sell them always say they are out of stock plus they are abroad.

Thanks

I see no problem with that at all!

Starting to plan the next one now that I have moved to a better office!

Defo up for joining the next one aswell!!

<3 awesome!

Sure you both are very welcome to join in. As for pots check the classified section here or place a wanted add, they do occaisionaly come up on ebay so keep looking!

A very good way to get into subzero benching is with a phase unit, although these can be costly but some bargains can be had but still work out cheaper for time used when overclocking at subzero temps, a very good learning platform imo. Or of course come along to the next bench meet and try for yourselves, lots of info available so please do ask.

Phase is a great way to get into it, sustainable, re-usable whenever you want and more importantly, great for 775 chips as you can get some really good scores!