HWBOT Community Forums

BCLK Overclocking - Typical Discrepancy?

Hey fellas,

I've had my i3-6100 BCLK overclocked on my MSI Z170A Sli Plus board for several months but have only now realized a discrepancy which may or may not be anything to worry about.

The issue lies in the clock speed which I have it set to and what it's being reported as.

Windows, 3DMark, Geekbench, Cinebench and I am sure others all report the speed at 3.7Ghz whereas the only program which acknowledges the correct speed is CPU-Z. The post screen will also show the correct BCLK of 111.1 (I lost the silicone lottery) and the BIOS itself will show the correct speed of 4111.

I assume BIOS > all when it comes to readings but I'm just making sure if this is normal or I've been misleading myself all this time.

Thanks

Hey fellas,

I've had my i3-6100 BCLK overclocked on my MSI Z170A Sli Plus board for several months but have only now realized a discrepancy which may or may not be anything to worry about.

The issue lies in the clock speed which I have it set to and what it's being reported as.

Windows, 3DMark, Geekbench, Cinebench and I am sure others all report the speed at 3.7Ghz whereas the only program which acknowledges the correct speed is CPU-Z. The post screen will also show the correct BCLK of 111.1 (I lost the silicone lottery) and the BIOS itself will show the correct speed of 4111.

I assume BIOS > all when it comes to readings but I'm just making sure if this is normal or I've been misleading myself all this time.

Thanks

it's normal, a lot of the programs go by the stock speed or multi and dont pick up the bclk change. I only use bios and cpuz to make sure I am at the correct speed and ignore everything else.