HWBOT Community Forums

Wierd one

Here's one for you guys.

Running a Celeron 651 on an Asus Commando, setfsb reads the overclock correctly but cpu-z is only seeing a 12x multi not a 17x.

If I have a screenie of both would the setfsb pull rank over the cpu-z for validation.?

Cheers, Dave.

Did the C1E and EIST stuff, do that as standard. BIOS wouldn't let me into the cpu section to do anything with the multi just locked up. Not a complete noob, he he :D

Just thought it wierd that cpuz wouldn't do anything even when the cpu was loaded. Even though setfsb was ok with it from the word go :confused:

Was just an issue for validation, would a set fsb screenie be ok.?

multiplier is reduced when cpu is not used to save energy i have the same with my e2160 when i open cpu-z it shows x6 and 1200mhz but if with open cpu-z i lounch some application cpu wakes up and cpu-z shows that by showing x9 and 1800mhz

screnie with lower multiplier will also be good, u see there is a rest crucial information shown correctly in other fields of cpu-z screenie

Guys, I think 415 points and the hwbot status of 'overclocking guru' mean you can be sure he's heard of EIST and C1E before so save the explanations. ;)

Mate, try RMClock Utility from RightMark. That will tell you if EIST or C1E are still enabled, despite trying to disable them in the BIOS. I thank my Intel D975XBX for this info as it didn't have a C1E setting in the BIOS to change :)