HWBOT Community Forums

World Tour at Computex

Massman

Hello everyone!

I received some questions from people asking what the plan is for Computex this year. This week we had conversations with Taitra, G.SKILL and technikPR regarding the general outline of the activities. Unlike last year we will not host a large scale area at Nangang, primarily because there are no major hardware launches around that time.

The weekend prior to Computex, from Saturday May 27 until Monday May 29 we have a room in the Xinyi/101 area for a general OC gathering with all the nitrogen you can wish for. During Computex week we'll spend most of the time at the G.SKILL booth as the G.SKILL OC World Cup 2017 is the official World Championship Qualifier for the Taipei stop. During the week there's also a "Performance Matters" night presented together with technikPR.

Because we're still quite far off, not everything is set in stone yet. In the next couple of weeks, we'll look into gathering partners for the weekend overclocking activities, you'll get more information regarding the G.SKILL OC World Cup and the dinner/drinks.

Just wanted to give you a heads up on the general outline.

:celebration:

//UPDATE//

Hey guys, this is the preliminary schedule for Computex:

• May 26th - 28th: Overclocker's Gathering at TWTC
  • May 29th: to be confirmed
  • May 30th - June 1st: G.SKILL OC World Cup 2017 Live Qualifier
  • May 30th - June 2nd: Extreme overclocking workshop
  • June 2nd: G.SKILL OC World Cup 2017 Final
  • May 30th - June 3rd: G.SKILL OC World Record Stage

We are working on getting enough monitors, power supplies, keyboards and mice at the gathering so luggage space can be saved for other things.

During the gathering we'll have some Broadwell-E and Kaby Lake CPUs for you to play with. We'll be inviting other hardware partners to support the event as well, but this is yet to be confirmed. On May 29 I'm trying to arrange something special overclocking related, but still need final confirmation on whether it's possible.

The Extreme Overclocking Workshop at G.SKILL is targeted at the international media attending Computex. We have a 20min session to show the media how extreme overclocking works and how to get to 7GHz or DDR4-5000. Anyone who would like to volunteer a couple of hours to interface with the media, drop a message below. We'd love to connect the overclockers with the media :)

Tickets will be available soon too //edit: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/hwbot-world-tour-taipei-2017-tickets-33693513205

If everything goes as planned, this will be an epic Computex :D :D

Edited by Massman

Very good that info is giving out so early, when flights are relatively chip.

So from what I understand G.skill OC World Cup 1st place winner is going to HWBOT World Tour Final and there is no separate contest organized by HWBOT? :)

Half serious, half joking, not sure what is better, 1vs1 or G.skill final and rules created by Hiwa who apparently hates overclockers killing us with IGPs xD Or maybe G.skill will get 30 min 1vs1 format? xD

Good that something is happening, though vision of G.skill contest + HWBOT World Tour as second contest was more interesting, more chances to win, more busy days of having fun :) Though in case of no new hw launch, such move is fully understandable.

• Crew

A clarification of each of the competition would be nice :)

- HWT 17 Computex is the GSkill Comp ?

- OCWC 17 final is the GSKILL COMP ?

- OCWC 17 matches are the weekend before computex ?

- OCWC 17 final is the weekend before and the winner get an entry into the Gskill Comp ?

- OCWC 17 final is the weekend before and the winner of OCWC 17 access the final at Gskill Comp ?

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, this is the preliminary schedule for Computex:

• May 26th - 28th: Overclocker's Gathering at TWTC
  • May 29th: to be confirmed
  • May 30th - June 1st: G.SKILL OC World Cup 2017 Live Qualifier
  • May 30th - June 2nd: Extreme overclocking workshop
  • June 2nd: G.SKILL OC World Cup 2017 Final
  • May 30th - June 3rd: G.SKILL OC World Record Stage

We are working on getting enough monitors, power supplies, keyboards and mice at the gathering so luggage space can be saved for other things.

During the gathering we'll have some Broadwell-E and Kaby Lake CPUs for you to play with. We'll be inviting other hardware partners to support the event as well, but this is yet to be confirmed. On May 29 I'm trying to arrange something special overclocking related, but still need final confirmation on whether it's possible.

The Extreme Overclocking Workshop at G.SKILL is targeted at the international media attending Computex. We have a 20min session to show the media how extreme overclocking works and how to get to 7GHz or DDR4-5000. Anyone who would like to volunteer a couple of hours to interface with the media, drop a message below. We'd love to connect the overclockers with the media :)

Tickets will be available soon too //edit: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/hwbot-world-tour-taipei-2017-tickets-33693513205

If everything goes as planned, this will be an epic Computex :D :D

Edited by Massman

I'm in for 5g ddr4 show off. My English might not be awasome :D

as a native english speaker I think you do just fine.

Cant wait Guys.

Question,if we make top6 at Gskill competition and qualify,do we need to pay 100 bucks to participate?

if I pay 100$ do I make the top 6 at gskill?

Edited by zeropluszero