HWBOT Community Forums

UK Bench Meet #2 | 28-30th April 2017

• Crew

Hey guys, now that I'm moved into my new office, will be holding an open bench meet for those wanting to join me for a weekend of benching fun.

UK Bench Meet #2 Details:

Date - Friday 28th - Sunday 30th April 2017

Location - Liverpool, United Kingdom

Benching Type - Liquid Nitrogen/DICE (if you want to order some)

If people wish to come, they will need to bring their own keyboards, mice, monitors, hardware, flasks etc. I will have space for up to 10 people, so space will be limited of course as you may understand, it's an office and not a warehouse.

There is ample parking available and it's not too far from Liverpool city centre for those wanting to use public transport. People are also welcome to crash at the office if they don't want to get a hotel, but I must make aware that it can get cold so bring a sleeping bag/duvet/pillows/airbeds as the floor is wooden laminate.

People will need to contribute to LN2 cost and the amount ordered will depend on the amount of people coming. Free internet/Wi-Fi will be provided (broadband) and the event will be streamed on Twitch.tv via my 4G dongle. I also ask people please kindly contribute something towards the electric used as it comes out of my pocket, although not mandatory; if you're benching 4-way GPU, you most deffo will be haha

There is currently 85l worth of dewars here (mine and Lawrences), so if you have one and you want to come, it would be a good idea to either fill up and bring, or bring before the LN2 delivery is made so it's cheaper to fill up. We can rent them from Mansfiend Cryo at a cost of £100 per 50l dewar rented and filled.

Please post below if you want to come so I can add your name to the list!

The list below of confirmed attendees:

1. Gavbon

2. Jumper118

3. Bakerman1971

4. Simba (in spirit)

5. GeorgeStorm

6. AshWorden

7. Mel

8. Chinney (maybe)

9. InkieSquid

10. Jakethesnake

Edited by gavbon

• Crew
I'm so there, count me in :3

No need to add you to list, you're list exempt ;)

Good luck! The big freeze was awesome, but I can't prioritize this event this year.

Thanks pal! Was great to meet you in Sheffield!

Definitely a potential just need to triple check stuff :D

Make it happen slacka!

• Crew
Hey Gavbon

Pencil me in, I should be good to come, I will bring what gear I have but it's not much so don't save me a space if it fills up.

Looking forward to meeting people and learning

See you all there fingers crossed :)

Bakerman

Added to the list :) Be a good chance to try out your new pot too!

• Crew
I'm so there, count me in :3

Unfortunately Simba (SimzBeatz_Playz) won't be able to attend the meet now as he sadly passed away yesterday morning.

I will certainly be having a drink in his memory as his flamboyant quirks and quips made the last one special!

R.I.P Simba

Unfortunately Simba (SimzBeatz_Playz) won't be able to attend the meet now as he sadly passed away yesterday morning.

I will certainly be having a drink in his memory as his flamboyant quirks and quips made the last one special!

R.I.P Simba

Wow :/ Wasn't expecting to read that. :( I hope it was quick, painless & peaceful. My thoughts & sympathies to their family & friends.

• Crew
Wow :/ Wasn't expecting to read that. :( I hope it was quick, painless & peaceful. My thoughts & sympathies to their family & friends.

Thanks for that mate, I'm trying to arrange childcare for his funeral at the end of the month, so far to no avail! :(

In more positive words though, anyone else fancy coming? :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...