HWBOT Community Forums

IX Apex Windows 7 64 install.

DeanoMax

Been trying for days to get Win 7 64 installed via usb install, but have had no luck. I have tried loading the drivers at the screen when asked off an external drive, and by slipstreaming the drivers. Neither work out for me.

Anyone had any luck, and can steer me in the right direction?

Was trying to not have to purchase a dvd drive and discs, is there anyway of doing it without the ez installer?

You simply missunderstand what ez installer wants from you ;-)

Simply download EZ installer, install it -> run it -> emulate your win 7 iso with deamon tools or something comparable -> choose that in your ez installer as source when asked -> choose usb stick when asked -> press start. Reboot your system - go into uefi bios -> now it depends how your partitions look like, if mbr boot from stick without uefi mode, if gtp boot from stick with uefi mode... to prevent some mistakes make the hd you want to install your win 7 at as first source to boot and during boot press F8 to choose your boot stick !!

This will work im 100% sure i did it 10 minutes ago on my apex

Thought about that last night and went threw the motions, but it still asked for a driver. But it seen the usb stick this time and was able to pull the usb hub driver from the unattended folder.

Any luck benching with win7? Was really unstable and didn't like tight timings for me.

Thought about that last night and went threw the motions, but it still asked for a driver. But it seen the usb stick this time and was able to pull the usb hub driver from the unattended folder.

Any luck benching with win7? Was really unstable and didn't like tight timings for me.

Im getting couple more points in CB 11.5 and 15 at win7, but thats it...

It seems we both are competing in rookie rumble against each other for the first place :-P

It seems we both are competing in rookie rumble against each other for the first place :-P

Indeed some tough scores to beat, best of luck.

If you are using x64 windows don't forget to set maxxmem (from msconfig) to max 4000 in order to have good latencies with your ram.

Thanks for the tip, was wondering what the problem was.

• 2 years later...

Better use removememory, so you can easily alter it once set, because with maxmem, if you want to increase it, it is required to first remove it, reboot and then set it.

However, if you are running high voltages already, resetting it to full 16GB will BSOD on reboot and will have to load another profile with lower voltages just to set a higher maxmem.

In CMD

bcdedit /set {current} removememory 12345

where 12345 is the amount of megabytes you want to remove/hide.

To delete it

bcdedit /deletevalue removememory

I usually use 4-5GB when running multicore benches. Keep in mind that too low available memory can lead to bugged scores, e.g. in Cinebench20, Geekbench...

PS: Also don't remove all memory, you won't boot then.

Edited by I.nfraR.ed

• 2 weeks later...