HWBOT Community Forums

My first LN2 session with R7 1700X+CrossHair VI Hero

Zannema

Hello everyone, I state that the first time I try a AMD cpu @ liquid nitrogen. I found some small problem and I lost a lot of time to find a preset that would then make me go on from Windows. The most annoying thing is that: Boot to the mobo under 0C° and that's bug I had to necessarily bring temperatures in the positive, and once loaded a profile to 4GHz, after i can down the temperatures and increase voltage and frequency in the operating system. Understand well, that even a single crash, involved a "thawing" of the pot and a rise in temperatures above 0 ° C. It is there by chance a few presets that allows to circumvent this elusive "cold boot" ???

Sorry for my bad english.

Regards

Zannema

Yes, of course I set the jumper in LN2 mode, but I have not solved, I try with an older bios: 1001 (try this bios because i've a kit of Corsair Vengeance LED 2x8GB, and i've read that this bios is appropriate and the best for this ram)

Edited by Zannema

Hello everyone, I state that the first time I try a AMD cpu @ liquid nitrogen. I found some small problem and I lost a lot of time to find a preset that would then make me go on from Windows. The most annoying thing is that: Boot to the mobo under 0C° and that's bug I had to necessarily bring temperatures in the positive, and once loaded a profile to 4GHz, after i can down the temperatures and increase voltage and frequency in the operating system. Understand well, that even a single crash, involved a "thawing" of the pot and a rise in temperatures above 0 ° C. It is there by chance a few presets that allows to circumvent this elusive "cold boot" ???

Sorry for my bad english.

Regards

Zannema

Can you describe exactly what happens? Stuck at some POST code or can't enter OS? Most likely it's because DRAM frequency drops with temperature.

Looking at your ambient subs with memory in mind I see you already only run 2666 likely because of the memory itself. I wouldn't be surprised since there's already and issue between it and the CPU usning LN2 just aggrevated that condition. I was using some G.Skill 3600, normally (ambient) I can run them up to 36-3700 but cold I had to drop to 2933 just to keep it booting. After I dropped speed I had no issues with re-boots eve at -180°