HWBOT Community Forums

XTU settings in the BIOS

Hi to all,

I have a question about XTU settings in the BIOS. It gives a choice between auto and numbers from 1 to 7. Is that settings affects Intel Extreme Tuning functions specially that the benchmark can be completed without BSOD? If it so, what settings should I choose?

Thanks,

Medico

• Administrators

When we talk about Asus, it has very little effect for me at stability, it can even raise need for vdimm for me if I set it at 6 or 7 - you can test it, but it will not give you lower vcore needed or lower temps if you hope for this

When we talk about Asus, it has very little effect for me at stability, it can even raise need for vdimm for me if I set it at 6 or 7 - you can test it, but it will not give you lower vcore needed or lower temps if you hope for this

Thank you for your response. I do not expect that BIOS settings to lower the temperatures. That is not an issue currently. I was hoping that would make it XTU more stable. What is the use of those settings in the BIOS? If I set it to 7 on the BIOS what effect that would have on the PC and XTU? I was wondering the use of those settings. It sounds that works only with XTU.

That's what I experienced as well- it'll boost memory performance slightly. Might see upto 5 pts. difference between best/worst setting.

Setting 5 worked best for me on the impact

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9505G mit Tapatalk