HWBOT Community Forums

Corsair Vengeance 3466mhz RGB 2x8gb PC4 27700, advice?

Hi, been lurking around here a bit. I figured I'd try here and see if anyone could advise me.

System:

i7-7700k@50x w/45x cache, offset 160, LLC2; AVX load 86 degrees max w/1.38 vcore-no delid

AsRock z270 Taichi

Corsair Vengeance 3466mhz RGB 2X8GB PC4 27700, B-die, XMP enabled, 1.35volts, changed from 3466 to 3600, max load pulls 1.37

Corsair RM850i

Evga 1080 FTW

Samsung Evo Pro 950 500gb

Corsair H105

I can't bring my LLC or Vcore any lower, without losing stability in OCCT. I can't lower the dram voltage without losing stability in OCCT. This particular overclock will be used for 24/7 for gaming, 4k raw video and hi res raw image processing, web, blah blah blah. I know I need to delid, but is there anything else I am missing, some magical setting that could get me more out of my my RAM? I am not a total newb when it comes to A CPU OC, albeit, not a pro. I don't really know what to do with RAM. All settings, except for those I mentioned are set to auto, for CPU, voltage and for RAM.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

• Crew

usually you need to loosen some settings to pass 3733 or even reach 3866. Though to gain performance I would tighten them at 3600MHz iso of loosening them up to reach higher speeds.

Lower Trfc to 320, tighten Command Rate to 1T and set Tfaw to 24, this should already give a nice boost in bandwidth.

usually you need to loosen some settings to pass 3733 or even reach 3866. Though to gain performance I would tighten them at 3600MHz iso of loosening them up to reach higher speeds.

Lower Trfc to 320, tighten Command Rate to 1T and set Tfaw to 24, this should already give a nice boost in bandwidth.

Thanks for the reply. I tried the settings you advised, no go. System won't post w/1t.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk