HWBOT Community Forums

Is Team USA organizing for Country Cup somewhere?

yosarianilives

If we organized that wouldn't be an issue, there's 300 million people in the US I'm sure we have enough benches that if we coordinate our efforts we can do really well. R/overclocking we had really good results by making a spreadsheet of hw needed for team comp and people update it as it changes. And towards the end we did have some people pull out of key stages, but it worked out cause we were organized enough to make it up. Now if you mean organizing sand bags? That's something else, and I don't like to mess with it. The biggest thing for r/overclocking was constant engagement of the serious ocers on the team, we did most of team comp with less than 10 people! We only really had to reach out for a few pieces of hw that we didn't have. I know there's at least 4 people from r/overclocking in US that'd love to go hard so that should help. The hardest stage is gonna be stage 1 since it needs 8 cpus, and all from different sub families which I believe is i9, i7, i5, etc. So first thing is we need to track down an i9 to run superpi 32m.

I'm definitely interested in participating in this comp as well.

The US is a huge country and we've got more than enough talent to do well, we just need to get organized. I took the liberty of creating a competition spreadsheet and a discord server; it should be a step in the right direction of getting organized and it seemed to work quite well for our team during the team cup. If anyone wants to join, shoot me or yos a PM and we'll send you the invite link.

As for the issue of people backing out at the last second, I think we can solve that problem by benching fairly early and being ready to cover a loss if the need arises.

Edited by niobium615

If we organized that wouldn't be an issue, there's 300 million people in the US I'm sure we have enough benches that if we coordinate our efforts we can do really well. R/overclocking we had really good results by making a spreadsheet of hw needed for team comp and people update it as it changes. And towards the end we did have some people pull out of key stages, but it worked out cause we were organized enough to make it up. Now if you mean organizing sand bags? That's something else, and I don't like to mess with it. The biggest thing for r/overclocking was constant engagement of the serious ocers on the team, we did most of team comp with less than 10 people! We only really had to reach out for a few pieces of hw that we didn't have. I know there's at least 4 people from r/overclocking in US that'd love to go hard so that should help. The hardest stage is gonna be stage 1 since it needs 8 cpus, and all from different sub families which I believe is i9, i7, i5, etc. So first thing is we need to track down an i9 to run superpi 32m.

I understand this as different architecture, so like kabylake, skylake, haswell, ivy bridge ect ect. We will need clarification on that stage for sure.

Anyways if USA is gonna compete this year, count me in.

I understand this as different architecture, so like kabylake, skylake, haswell, ivy bridge ect ect. We will need clarification on that stage for sure.

Anyways if USA is gonna compete this year, count me in.

Tbh, I hope it's that. Would be a lot more fun. Then maybe I could also actually contribute to that stage, unless someone else has an i7 5775c or bw-e on ln2 can be clocked high enough that the lack of l4 doesn't matter.

Thanks, for some reason it's not listed on the HWBot home page competition drop down list.

According to Massman it's not finalized, although I suspect it isn't going to drastically change if at all. Would be nice to get some clarification though, specifically what exactly do they mean by 8 different cpu subfamilies for super pi and for gpupi do they need to be different cores are just different card names. But I don't really want to be asking them these questions when they haven't finalized the stages.

Is there a forum or thread that US OCers are organizing for Country Cup this year? If you haven't checked it out stages are here. OC eSports

Usually on Skype we do, but I believe it's been converted into a worldwide chat called "The Dead Frozen Tundra". So whomever wants to take the lead on this can just start one on Skype or Discord if preferred.

Also as I stated during the last OC Show a small GTG in the midwest could be done at my place in WI. Got an insulated 4 car garage with gfci outlets every 5 feet and 220v in case Sunset1 wants to bring up his Rotary Single Stage. Could go rent a few banquet tables and chairs and be good to go. Also have a fridge I could set up in there for you thirsty fellas

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...